cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

legal action

steve1

legal action

Hi,

If you're not getting any customer response from Plusnet, you may consider taking out a legal action using the small claims procedure. My phone stopped having a dial tone yesterday morning, and in spite of phoning five times, trying the chat system an equal number of times, , and opening tickets, Plusnet won't respond to me. Each time I have been met with a waiting time of 30 minutes or more, or have been 40th in the list for chat conversations.

In my opinion this is breach of contract - I am paying Plusnet to provide a service, and they have failed in that responsibility: they have also failed, when I raise the fact of their non-supply, to remedy the situation, or to provide the means by which the situation can be fixed. So I have told them to reply by tomorrow morning or I will register a claim against them using the small claims procedure. I'll let you know how it goes.

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: legal action

Hi @steve1 Does this not tell you something? If getting in contact with Plusnet is so hard and you're 40th in the queue and other long waiting times does it not imply that there is maybe some form of service issue affecting them and as a consequence the world and their partner is trying to contact them for a resolution. So you may not be the only one. As frustrating as it is try again later or since it's a free cal wait in the queue, or you'll never been attended to.

BiAndSpy
Grafter
Fixes: 3

I am afraid I am not your answer you were probably hoping to get from Plusnet but I am suffering the identical problem when a chat representative said he would continue via email after they tested the line (required internet disconnection and therefore the chat was ended). The email I received was a link back to joining the chat or other customer services so another 1 hour queue. A bare face lie!!

I checked trusted pilot to see what plusnet rating is and it is 1.1 out of 5 (I believe 1 is the lowest). It appears that they spend most of their money on advertising whilst reducing customer service, not an unfamiliar business model.

As for the other poster saying that they might be busy at the moment, every time over the previous 3 years I have always had to wait so perhaps their service is constantly having problems

steve1

Hi Mook,

Thanks for this - if there is a large problem going on, I would understand and be more sympathetic - if only Plusnet would tell me this. At the moment, I feel like I'm completely in the dark and banging my head against a brick wall. There's nothing on their status reports or news bulletins. If there's a problem, why not let me know?

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a very fair and valid point @steve1, but I did see a reference to the long chat wait in another thread. No comfort to you but at least it has been acknowledged. If I were you I'd maybe give the chat a miss and persist with the phone. Granted the muzak is a bit suspect but it won't cost you anything to call only some time and maybe quite a bit of patience.

If you can maybe wait until later in the day until things have hopefully died down.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Those stats are awful, 80 calls waiting and avge answer of 20 minsSad

It seemed as though things were improving a few months ago but they've really taken a dive again recently...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @steve1 I do apologise for the wait times you've been experiencing.

I've tested your line and the fault report has come back saying our suppliers don't initially believe an appointment is required. So I've raised this for you and responded via your account.

However just so you're aware if you experience a phone fault in future, we do have a troubleshooting guide here, which leads on to a link to raise a phone fault with us here, cutting out the need to wait in a queue on the phone or on chat.

I see you've also raised a complaint online regarding this matter and added comments stating that you were advised when raising this that you would receive a response within 8 hours. However we do advise in our complaints code of practice that we aim to respond to complaints within 5 working days.

If you have taken the 8hours response time from here, I'd just like to clarify that these question handling stats relate to questions directed at our front-line support team.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet