cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

landline fault

paul2louise

landline fault

I discovered that we had no phone line for at least 2 days last week. Didnt realise straight away until i wanted to make a call. It was fixed the next day. Then this morning mum tried to ring me to wish me happy birthday. She couldnt get through so left me a message. I raised the issue again and appears its a similar problem as last time. I also discovered we had no broadband for a while too. So is this acceptable.
I asked plusnet if i could complain and they said there is no point, as you cant contact Openreach. So i said how many times does this have to happen before i am entitled to complain and he said oh it needs to be a lot more serious.
I am glad i am not an older person on my own with the landline as my sole use of communication.

4 REPLIES 4
harrow
Rising Star

Re: landline fault

If you are past your minimum time in you contract,

then it is time to jump ship.

PN Knuppel

PN, where did it all go wrong ?
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

You can complain to Plusnet if it would make you feel better. 

You have to accept that phone lines do fail. It seems that the first fault was repaired very quickly. Hopefully the new one will be rectified just as promptly. If you haven’t got a working phone line it is not surprising that you have no broadband.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

paul2louise

Contract is 18m and expires in april so need to hang on a bit, but i will be mentioning this when time is due. I can understand that they are at the mercy of openreach, but the plusnet guy didnt even try and apologise to pacify me. 

paul2louise

I think i just wanted a sympathetic tone. But that wasnt going to happen.