cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keeping existing landline number when switching from BT

FIXED
rc2

keeping existing landline number when switching from BT

Hi, I set up a plusnet account yesterday to transfer broadband and landline from BT. During the process I was told twice that our landline number would not change; however, then received an e-mail confirming the order and giving us a new landline number. 

We are very dependent on landline and it's vital we keep the current number. I've tried ringing plusnet but lines all busy. Can anyone advise on what we can do? Many thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: keeping existing landline number when switching from BT

Hello,

A warm welcome to the forums.

How did you sign up - on line or over the phone? If on line did you give your existing number and request it be retained?

Do you have any indication that the migration order failed and had to be resubmitted manually?

There is a raft of reasons why the order process can fail within BT’s systems and number porting can be a rats nest!

Hopefully when a staff member BM grabs this they will be able to find out what caused this and determine if it is possible to recover the number.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rc2

Hi Townman, signed up over the 'phone but gave the existing landline number twice, when asked. There was no indication that there would be a problem with this - the sales guy volunteered that our landline number wouldn't change, so I had no reason to think there would be an issue. 

Thanks for your interest.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hey @rc2,

I'm really sorry to hear about this. If you were previously with BT then what we should be able to do is place a request to get the old number back once your current orders have completed. Just give us a shout once your services are up and running and we'll get onto that as soon as possible Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
rc2

Hi,

The order has completed today and broadband and landline up and running - can you place a request to get our old number back asap please??? Many thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Hi there,

I've placed an order to renumber your line and I've added more detail into the support ticket I've logged Here for you.

Once I know when you'll have your number back, I'll let you know. I'm really sorry for the downtime. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet