Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incoming call tone continuous Ticket no : 177975876,

zafira

incoming call tone continuous Ticket no : 177975876,

Hi all, new on here.

I have a ticket open for above fault. 

Have tried to update the question with the following info via e mail but it wont accept.

Any help appreciated.

I have tried different phone and ring is continuous on incoming call still but extension has 2 tone ring (weird)
Am ex bt engineer I know has indicated that it may well be a faulty line card at the exchange which would not show up on a normal line test!!!
It does seem strange that the problem has only occurred since the change to plusnet. perhaps you can get bt to check the exchange connections and line card please
regards
John
2 REPLIES 2
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: incoming call tone continuous Ticket no : 177975876,

deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Re: incoming call tone continuous Ticket no : 177975876,

Hi Zafira.

I have ran some checks on your line and everything is coming back all clear. Do you get a two tone ring when connected to the master socket or just the extension socket? If it is both sockets, try giving 1571 a call, you might have a voicemail waiting for you.

Please try also connecting to the test socket for me please, as this will help to rule out any internal wiring issues. You can find more information on how to connect to the test socket at https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

Please let me know how this goes.