cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how much to cancel contract

LME625

how much to cancel contract

Hi can someone tell me how much to cancel my contract for broadband and phone. i have a 12 month contract and been with plusnet for 3 months broadband is to slow and have had a phone fault since the 7th Oct Raised a ticket  92757343 was told it would be fixed today but now have recieved a text to say it will take another 48 hours just wont to go back to BT never had a probleme with them
Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: how much to cancel contract

LME625

what a rip off no one told me when i went over to plusnet that i woud have to pay £122 upon cancelation for broadband plus another £30. and no one mentioned a 12 month contract. Undecided my broadband speed is so slow    0.9Mb that was not what i was told that i would get was getting 4.Mb with BT as far as i,am concerned they are not supplying me with what they said so breaking the contract.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Didn't you read the page where you saw the special offer and started the order process - it clearly states that it is a 12 month contract
The £30 is only if you cancel the broadband - a migration doesn't catch that charge
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi LME625,
I'm really sorry to hear of your phone fault, I do appreciate your frustration.
I've had a quick look and it seems that you signed up with us online. Dependent on your choice of package (contracted/no-contracted), we do indicate that it would be subject to a contract.
Ideally, the resolution to this will be getting your phone fault sorted so hopefully this will happen sharpish.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
LME625

Hi Matty
so how much to cancel my contract with you broadband is just to slow 0.9Mb.
Thanks
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

You have a fault on your line, on the voice side of the circuit. This is highly likely to be impacting the performance of your broadband. There's an engineer due to work on your line tomorrow, so you should see an improvement following this. If you did want to cancel, and keep in mind that as the fault is on the voice side of the circuit and would likely continue with any provider if it's not fixed, you'd need to contact our Customer Options Team.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
LME625

Ok Thanks Matty
picbits
Rising Star

My advice is to stick with them and get any faults sorted until it is either fixed (and stay) or can't be fixed (unlikely but may take a bit of time depending on the fault).
As Matty has said, the fault may follow you and believe me, PN are much better to deal with than many other ISP's when it comes to trying to get stuff sorted Smiley