cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

house move and waiting a long time for a phone line connection

freelanderuk

house move and waiting a long time for a phone line connection

on the 3rd of august i contacted plusnet to take out phone and broad band for a property my mother was moving into ,my mother moved to the new property on the 8 august, there have been various messages left on the portal page about passing details back and forth between the plusnet departments ( question id 58368182 )
i have phoned quite a few times  and was told that they could not find the house , no line installed , bt was the supplier before my mother moved in and i gave plusnet the old number , i have just spoken to someone else who says an order now has been placed  for the property and the phone line will be active in september,
can some one check this for me and to why its taking so long
many thanks
chris
3 REPLIES 3
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: house move and waiting a long time for a phone line connection

Hi Chris,
I've had a look at your account. When we place an order for services at a premises, we rely on our suppliers database to identify the address. Unfortunately this information was not correct and we were unable to place the order. We have had to chase this up and then adjust this manually.
Apologies for the delay with this. The phone will be going active on the 4th September.
If you have any further queries please ask.
Chris
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Would it help when issues like this occur if the address as shown on the last BT bill for the previous occupier could be found?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
freelanderuk

thanks for both replys