cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

home phone not working

drogbaosgood

home phone not working

Moved to new flat & transferred broadband & home phone package on same day. Broadband working fine (well a bit slow in all honesty but useable). Home phone not working.
Have an open question on the issue (34848711) - but cannot get anyone to respond or investigate (despite 4 additional comments to the original question). Did try calling on my mobile but got cut off without wa\rning having and gone through numerous options/messages/on hold "music" periods.
Thought I'd try the forum to see if I could get anyone at Plusnet to respond.
In case anyone else has had a similar problem and can help ... the phone line appears to have a normal dial tone, but on dialling the first 5 digits a different low and continuous tone cuts in and no call can then be made.
Please could someone at Plusnet take my problem seriously and help me to resolve it. Ta.
3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Re: home phone not working

Thought I'd try the forum to see if I could get anyone at Plusnet to respond.

The forum is not a formal support mechanism therefore the normal support (CSC) staff who work 24/7 don't monitor it.
Only the Digital Care team monitor the forum and I'm afraid they only work Mon-Fri 9-5.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

drogbaosgood

Dear Digital care team,
If u really do monitor these threads in working hours could you pop round to your colleagues in the "don't care team" to contact me re. my open question with a view to resolving my non-working phone. I've now added 7 new updates to the original post and made two unsuccesful (1st cut off and the 2nd too long a wait without getting to speak to someone) calls to the "team". Just don't think this is fair ... also made a referral of your service to someone recently (probably not on speaking terms anymore).
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry about the delay looking into this issue, the ticket that you were updating was with the House Moves Team. I've added a response which shows what information we need to investigate this issue, and taken action so that any replies will go straight to the Faults Team.
Alternatively, you can call us on 0845 140 0200, choose the options for telephone faults and you'll get straight through to the right people. They will, however, ask you to complete the testing that I have advised on the ticket.