cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

home phone not working since Friday

FIXED
elifras

home phone not working since Friday

There is no dial tone, just the noise of numbers being dialed, and no incoming or outgoing calls (phones do not ring at either end).
Have tried all the steps to test line including phone troubleshooter but it just says that the result of the line check is unclear.
Then the only contact information for customer support I can find is a telephone number.
7 REPLIES 7
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: home phone not working since Friday

Welcome to the forum Smiley

you can raise a fault at https://faults.plus.net
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
elifras

I already tried that, it just redirects to the Phone Troubleshooter and says result of line check unclear again.
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @elifras, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you've been having issues with your phone service recently. I can confirm when testing over you're line we've detected a fault which very well could explain the lack of dial tone you've seen recently. 

I have raised the fault up with our suppliers who have given us the standard 2 working day turn around time and estimated response time of 20/08/21 by 23:59. Keeping in mind this is the very latest a engineer would be out to investigate the issue and it could be resolved sooner.

I've raised a fault ticket on your account and placed it on hold until the morning of 21/08/21 so our faults team can check to see if your issue has been resolved however if you are still seeing issues by Saturday morning and haven't heard from our faults team feel free to drop us a message on here and we'll happily chase this up for you.

elifras

Thanks.
Now internet connection keeps dropping too, connecting briefly then dropping again.
Hopefully that will be fixed at the same time.
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Fix

Hi @elifras,

It's likely that these events are related and hopefully once the underlying landline fault is resolved, this will cause the connection to stabilize as well. That being said, keep us posted on how things are on your end and we'll be happy to pick the case back up for review should any problems pesist.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
elifras

Engineer came out today and phone & internet have been working fine since, thanks.
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for letting us know @elifras

Glad to know that it's now been sorted, give us a shout if you have any further issues / queries at all.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds