Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

friend signed up - 6 week+ wait - help!

james26
Grafter

friend signed up - 6 week+ wait - help!

Hi,
A friend signed for plusnet phone and BB on my recommendation but they need a BT engineer to come and install/fix the line, 1st date quoted is the 5/12/12!!! This was nearly 2 weeks ago. The house had a BT line (she has not been there long) but a ongoing issue of some sort need a phone man attended. 
Find this amount of a joke, as I 3 miles have just ordered Fibre and BT coming on Monday to fix. Is there anything PN reps can to help speed up a appointment time please?       

Thank you,
James.
4 REPLIES 4
James
Grafter

Re: friend signed up - 6 week+ wait - help!

Hi James,
I'm really sorry for the delays that your friend is seeing.
Unfortunately in some areas of the country, this sort of lead time is not uncommon and sadly, we are powerless to expedite it for the installation of a line due to engineer availability in these areas.  The same applies to all ISPs that use BT Openreach to install telephone lines.
It might be an idea to call in a week or so to see if there have been any cancellations and we may be able to install sooner.
james26
Grafter

Hi,
Thanks for very quick reply.
I'll pass it on to her and tell her to call, feel really guilty getting a Openreach man to mine in 7 days and her without a phone/net  6 weeks, the joys of BT!.
james.
James
Grafter

Hi James,
Openreach are currently prioritising repair (faults) over provision.  Which explains why you had a fault fixed sooner.
They are however employing more engineers so hopefully this wont be a longer term problem, but I appreciate that this will be of little comfort to your friend.
james26
Grafter

Well that's the thing I HAD a fully working phone line and ADSL and just asked for a provision to Fibre!