Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ex-directory query

alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: ex-directory query

I read somewhere that it is possible, under certain circumstances, to lose ones TPS registration when changing phone service providers.
"12. How can I check to see if I am registered with the TPS?
If you are unsure whether you are already registered with the TPS, you can dial the TPS registration line on 0845 070 0707 and select option 2. Alternatively you can e-mail your details (including telephone number) to tps@dma.org.uk and we will be able to confirm for you. If you try and register a previously subscribed telephone number via the website, the site will inform you that the telephone number is already registered."
http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/faq/#twelve
RobDickson
Grafter

Alternative numbers from http://www.saynoto0870.com:
0191 501 3681
020 7291 3320
RobDickson
Grafter

I'm not having much luck with this ticket:
Thanks for getting back in touch.
I apologise for my colleagues [sic] comments, the ex directory status will stay as it was with BT. The easiest way to check this for your self is to call perhaps a mobile, which should show unknown or withheld.

Having my number permanently withheld (which I do also want) is different from being ex-directory.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: hulls
My method for dealing with overseas calls, is to pick up the phone but say nothing.  either the phone goes dead after a few seconds, or an American voice will say "hello" a couple of times before it goes dead. (I may as well let them pay for the call ;))

I used to do that but got bored. And they're usually from somewhere cheaper than the USA.
These days if it says "international" I just let it go to the answering machine which usually results in them hanging up.
Our overseas genuine friends/family will just chatter away anyway and I pick it up and apologise for being "in the loo"  Roll_eyes
Bigtime

When you change numbers, or are issued a number from BT.
You have no guarantee that the number,  issued by BT, was ex directory before.
There is a time period before re issue of any number
I do not know how long.
Regards Barry Smiley
RobDickson
Grafter

The following comment was added to the Question Dear Mr Dickson, We have now requested you be ex-directory.

Looks like my ticket has been solved.