disable 1571 voicemail

FIXED
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: disable 1571 voicemail

Hi @kiteg,

I'm sorry that it's not giving you the option to remove the voicemail feature via the member centre. I've placed an order to remove this now and this will be fully removed from your line within the next 72 hours.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
2jags

Having same proplom in removing  1571 voicemail I only have Caller Display showing in my Call Features, but voicemail is  active on my phone as part of the package, but I'm unable to access it in my Control Panel. can you remove it please as I have my own answerphone many thanks

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @2jags,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I have checked over your account and as most of my response includes some account specific information I have created a ticket on your account with further information. You can view the ticket here.

Thank you.

GerryAttrick
Dabbler

Hi,

Can somebody help me by removing voicemail from my account. I tried the control panel without much luck and I don't need the service. I am also only getting intermittent caller display. I use a call blocker phone that only rings if a person is in my contacts list. I'm getting a few calls that say 'no number' when the caller is in my contact list.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @GerryAttrick, if you can please reply on this ticket here, we can certainly remove the Voicemail for you.

With regards to the Caller Display issues, does this occur with a specific contact? Can you please connect an alternative handset to see if you have the same issue, let us know how this goes.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
GerryAttrick
Dabbler

Hi Lauren,

I have replied to the ticket raised, requesting removal of Voicemail.

The caller display issue has only happened a few times, but each time it just shows as 'no number' on the display and because my phone doesn't ring to withheld or anonymous numbers, I miss the call.The callers have rung back at different times and the display then shows as normal. The problem occurs on both of my linked handsets even if I only have one plugged in. The handset is plugged into the Master socket.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @GerryAttrick,

Thank you for confirming that you'd like us to remove the voicemail feature. I've placed an order to remove this now and it'll be fully removed from your line within the next 72 hours.

I'm sorry that you're experiencing intermittent issues with the caller display feature and for any inconvenience caused. It's common for a faulty microfilter to cause intermittent problems with this feature. Please can you try swapping the microfilter for a different one or, if your master socket faceplate is pre-filtered, remove the faceplate and connect the phone to the test socket with a microfilter. If you do not have a spare microfilter to hand, please let us know and we can get you one sent free of charge.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
GerryAttrick
Dabbler

Thanks for sorting the Voicemail.

I wil try a filter in the Master socket as suggested and see what happens. The issue only started when my new contract began on 1st April. The phone control panel doesn't show any active call features when I log in and I wondered if this was causing the issue.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to us @GerryAttrick.

Let us know how you get on in the master socket.

With regards to the caller display not showing as active this is just on our end.

The feature is active on our suppliers systems

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
GerryAttrick
Dabbler

Hi,

Update after plugging phone into test socket. Received two calls today from same contact 45 minutes apart. First call showed ID as normal, second call showed as 'no number' .

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @GerryAttrick

You mentioned that you have two linked handsets that experience the same intermittent issue. Ideally, we would like you to use a completely different handset as you said the ones you have are linked. We need to rule out completely that your telephone handsets are causing this fault. Please let us know how you get on if it is possible to try a different handset.

Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
GerryAttrick
Dabbler

Hi, Have managed to find an old corded phone with caller display, will try that for a few days and post back with results.
Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @GarryAttrick

Perfect, please let us know how it goes in the next few days.

Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
GerryAttrick
Dabbler

Hi all,

Have used the old corded phone for 3 days now and haven't had any issues with caller display, so it would seem that it is my cordless phones that are causing the problem. I would like to thank everybody that has helped me find the cause of the problem.

Now off to buy a new set of phones.😒

clesser

Dear All,

Please can 1571 voicemail be disabled on my account - can't do this via the console

Kind Regards