cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disable 1571 voicemail

FIXED
jee

disable 1571 voicemail

Hi, . Can 1571 voicemail please be disabled on my phone as it is an absolute nuisance. Again there is no option on the home phone control panel to remove it. it shows as active but cannot mark it for removal

thanks

39 REPLIES 39
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: disable 1571 voicemail

Fix

Hi @jee welcome to the forum Smiley

You should be able to remove voicemail via this link , login required.   

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Kimberlin
Rising Star

For some of us, even just having a telephone plugged into the Master Socket became a total bloody nuisance and that is why I haven't had ye 'olde telephone thingy plugged in for years. I just got fed up of nutters, spammers and some particularly awful family members believing they could just 'phone up any time they wanted. My evenings are mostly total uninterrupted bliss these days. Grin

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.

As @ITWorks has advised, you'll be able to remove voicemail from your line and account using the link above.

Let us know if you have any issues.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jee

thanks for prompt response

karenj

I only have Caller Display showing in my Call Features, but voicemail does seem to be active on my phone as part of the package, but I'm unable to access it in my Control Panel. How do I raise a ticket to remove it please as I'm happy with my personal answerphone?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear this @karenj

It looks like when you signed up we added the voicemail to your line by mistake despite you not choosing it.

I've placed a order to remove this from the line for you and this should go through in the next hour or so.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
karenj

That's great, thank you!

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem.

I've just checked and it's been removed so you shouldn't have it on your line anymore.

Let us know if that's not the case

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
kdiment
Rising Star

I too would like voicemail removed, but the link given does not show it so I cannot remove it myself. Three people have recently told me they left a message but there are no messages recorded on my answering machine. I belatedly tried 1571, and there they were! I do not remember asking for voicemail, and I do not want  to have to pick up my phone and listen to the dialing tone every time I come in, but just glance at the answering machine to see if it shows a flashing red light. It appears that voicemail takes precedence over my machine, so I would like it disabled please.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@kdiment Sorry to hear this.

I've placed a order to remove the voicemail from your line which has now completed

Let us know if you're still having issues

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
kdiment
Rising Star

Thanks, Matthew, for your very rapid attention to this. Line now working as required.

Keith D.

s3swiss

hi - I also did not opt in to 157` but it has appeared on my phone line. I wish to remove it but as it is not showing in the control panel - I cannot do it that way.

Can someone please remove that service from my line?

Thanks

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @s3swiss, sorry to see that was added to the line despite not being on the account.

I've placed an order to correct that for you.

We have to advise up to 1 working day for this to complete, but they often complete within an hour or less.

I hope this helps.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
kiteg

Please can 1571 be disabled on my phone line, I don't have the option to do this through the website

Thanks