cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crackling and static noise on line

lenny
Grafter

crackling and static noise on line

i have been having a problem with intermittent crackling and a static his on the line , which has been reported a couple of times and had 2 engineer visits , i reported about this 3 days ago and was told nothing wrong , i have made a phone call this morning and the static hiss and crackle was evident , a quiet line test with a corded phone to the main socket  also allowed me to hear the noise , could some one please look it this again
many thanks
chris
edited after phone fault check
please do the test again as the results of your line test are unclear, tied to do again and now comes up problem please phone plusnet and the number to call
10 REPLIES 10
lenny
Grafter

Re: crackling and static noise on line

engineer now booked for Wednesday morning
what does this mean please
Fault Type: NOise
Test Results:TR0000004758445
Fault Ref: Failed diag
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

It usually means our suppliers diagnostic test can't complete due to a fault on the line or a issue with their systems.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
lenny
Grafter

Thanks
lenny
Grafter

open reach engineer has just left , reports from him was that there was a problem with a line from the exchange to the cabinet that he has sorted , so hopefully that's an end to my problems for now
thanks
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Glad to hear it.
Let us know if you have any further issues.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
lenny
Grafter

Will do ,thanks
Picnic
Grafter

lenny - did you get static on all calls? I seem to be plagued with static on outgoing calls but if someone calls me the line is clear as a bell.
pvmb
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Huh! I get intermittent crackles on incoming calls, but can never find the problem when just listening to the line or using BT Quiet Line Test. I don't make outgoing calls on my landline.
lenny
Grafter

yes static noise when i made the calls but when someone phoned me it was a crackling noise,
i had to havve another engineer out for the same thing but he could not find a problem , but he went in the box outside and since then all seams to be ok
Picnic
Grafter

Ta for the answers. Not sure what to do really as the BB is working fine and I don't really need the agro.