Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

corded phone and broadband

brendajorsler
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

corded phone and broadband

I have my bt master socket that has just one connection socket and so I plug my filter/splitter into that.  That gives me access to be able to plug in my router and phone.  The broadband works fine but when I plug my corded phone in I get a dial tone BUT my router switches off Huh Any ideas please as I am having to chose between either my router or my corded phone as they will not work together.

5 REPLIES 5
azc
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: corded phone and broadband

Dial 17070 and do a Quiet Line test. If the line is noisy report it as a phone line fault.

Otherwise try swapping the microfilter, or see if you can borrow another corded phone to test with.

brendajorsler
Rising Star

Thanks..  No noise on the phone.  Tried new filters.  Going to borrow another corded phone to test out.  Plusnet said that if the problem persists it could be my 'jumper' on the pole or box  !!!

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Sorry to hear you are having issues!

Let us know how you get on with the alternative phone Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
brendajorsler
Rising Star

Strange resolution to my problem.  Each time I plugged a corded phone into the filter/splitter it worked ok but cut off my broadband even though my cordless phone worked fine with my broadband. 

I borrowed a corded phone this morning and as soon as I plugged it in my broadband went off.  Saw 2 BT Openreach vans outside at lunch time. Didn't see what they were doing.  This afternoon tried once more with my corded phone....It worked fine and did not cut off my broadband..  Strange...

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

I'm glad it appears to be working OK again.

Let us know if the problem returns.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team