cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

come on Plusnet communicate

mollytwo83
Dabbler

come on Plusnet communicate

land line has been down for at least a week once Irealised i was getting no incoming calls iIreported the fault on the 6th March when it was arranged for an egineer to call so I rearranged my work schedule to accomodate the agreed time no one showed and no one phoned so I called then to be told it was a fault in the area exchange still no one called me iIhave had to do all the calls off my mobile I then got a txt saying BT had cleared the fault but my landline problem is still not solved so I had yet again to phone them 45 mins it took to get to speak to someone  they say they will arrange for an engineer now to check my home phones so another day off work another day at least with out a phone I have probably used my months allowance for March on my molbile contract and i am left feeling frustrated and  Angry its GOOD TO TALK so talk contact the customer this is the first fault I have had to deal with since changing to Plusnet and if this is how things are done it does not bode well for the future 
30 REPLIES 30
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: come on Plusnet communicate

Hi there,
I'm sorry to hear about that, I've asked one of our faults agents to take a look at this for you - there should be an update on the ticket shortly.
Shofar
Grafter

This is about par for the course when it comes to BT sorting out line faults.
We went through pretty much the same - to the point whereby BT did not turn up for three out of four appointments.  It was only a chap in Bangalore and PN keeping on top of them that got it sorted.
However, it is no real compensation but I found out that BT will pay around £10 for any missed appointment.  I had to push them to own up to that but I ended up getting £30 from them.
Scant reward for taking time off but it's something back.
I would get on to BT customer service and ask them about no-show compensation.
Won't tell the story about the wife accosting the engineer that failed to turn up or call in the street...  That's another story.
Good luck!
Regards
Paul
mollytwo83
Dabbler

well it is now day six without my phone  first it was a non show call out then it was check the exchange then a days silence then a call from me on my mobile where i waited 45mins to be put through to a human voice and today another txt saying they were waiting to be issued to an Openreach to check the local network  talk about how long is a piece of string
Will I be due any compensation I wonder especially on looking at my recent bank statement  my monthly payments are not any cheaper than my previous ISP  defnitely will be having a rethink when my present contract it up
mollytwo83
Dabbler

day 8 still no word of when my phone will be back on Angry
mollytwo83
Dabbler

what more feeble excuses with there be for my non repair now i am been told as there are a lots of faults in my area they cannot find a skilled engineer to do the repair  am sure there are plenty they could find a the job centre
PLUSNET I AM NOT IMPRESSED
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I've just posted in the other thread - unfortunately we're still waiting for an engineer to be available at present. As soon as one is we'll be in touch to arrange this with you. I'm sorry for the delay.
mollytwo83
Dabbler

Apologies are all well and good Mat but in the meantime I am left without my landline and in an area where my mobile phone csignal is very poor my family are not able to contact me nor me them in an emergency I have Epilepsy and need my phone line  I am kept left feeling very angry and frustrated  my daughter has conntacted Plusnet on my behalf today and todays excuse is that you are oversubscribed in this area and havent the engineers to cope
well is that the customers fault perhaps the company shouldnt bite off more than it can chew
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

A suggestion: I wonder if you could officially get designated as a priority case because of your medical condition. I'd suggest contacting your doctor in the first case.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
The fault is now showing as fixed, I certainly hope that's the case but please let us know if not.
mollytwo83
Dabbler

Guess what Matt it is NOT FIXED
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Really sorry to hear that. I've just asked one of our faults agents to take a look for you, I hope there'll be an update on there tonight but either way I'll make sure I pick this up first thing in the morning for you.
mollytwo83
Dabbler

Thanks Matt but hope you understand when I say I won't  be holding  by breath !!!!!
mollytwo83
Dabbler

though my phone now rings  noise on line is very bad
and i cant hear conversation
mollytwo83
Dabbler

problem still ongoing but i am spending the weekend with family so it willl be next week before its sorted now 12 days and counting