irishjig

carrier preselect

Can carrier preselect be used with Plusnet home phone?Huh
5 REPLIES 5
Mand
Grafter

Re: carrier preselect

Hi there,
We don't block any CPS services, but by the same token we don't support them from a troubleshooting perspective, for this you would need to contact the 3rd party supplier.
paulby
Grafter

Did the OP really mean CPS where the calls are automatically routed over a specified provider (such as TalkTalk) at the exchange or the use of an override code (such as 1280 to route individual calls over another network)?
Does PN allow true CPS (i.e line rental payable to PN, calls via a 3rd party) or is it just the use of override codes?
(I ask for clarification only - it's not clear from the question or the reply - I've no intention of doing this Smiley )
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
AFAIK both would work on our service.
I have to admit I've never tried the 'true' CPS service, but certainly using prefixes before dialling works very well for lots of customers on our service.
paulby
Grafter

Hopefully people shouldn't need to consider getting a calls package from another provider and using Carrier Pre-Select as your packages are pretty competitive! 
Just as a side note - this is something TalkTalk don't allow if you're on their WLR package. i.e. You can't take TT Line Rental and CPS your calls to, say, the Post Office.
prichardson
Grafter

CPS does indeed work with our service and is the cause of almost every fault we receive with outgoing calls only.
CPS is infact nothing more than a automatic override code.
When we receive such faults, the customer would need to dial 1280 to prove if or not the service, will work.
Only were it fails is it fault.
It is near enough always the case that we cannot assist were the customer cannot recall having ever spoken to such a supplier.