cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

' cannot make changes - phone order in progress ' - for 11 months?!

mdplus
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

' cannot make changes - phone order in progress ' - for 11 months?!

Hi,

I previously had 3 BT phone lines (due to work), #3 of which had Plus ADSL for years and years. Decided to consolidate, and keep just line #1, making it Plus for both Landline and ADSL (so, closed original Plus ADSL account, opened new on #1).

When it completed, I noticed this message on the dashboard:

' An error has occurred - You cannot make any changes to your account while there is a phone order in progress. '

Mentioned to Plus support, they said nothing to worry about...

This month, went to try and Upgrade account to fibre... and found that it definitely was something to worry about as practically everything on the dashboard was greyed out due to this error.

Phone support tried their best - initial support suggested I upgrade via them on the phone, but I declined as I was concerned that this 'error' would just continue into the Fibre service. Got passed to a helpful guy in Provisioning who admitted he was perplexed, as the provisioning all seemed finished - given I had phone, ADSL and billing.

Was then passed to a helpful woman in Upgrades, who said I could have fibre but when she went to do the Upgrade process her system refused - same error.

I asked her to escalate - actually the one point at which Support was a bit pants - she spoke to a woman who clearly was trying to brush her off, as this person didn't even bother to read the notes properly and said I had only had the account for a month...

As I had pointed this fault out 11 months ago, I asked the helpful first woman to definitely escalate the issue - she said techies were working over the weekend.

However the fault is still there, and I am concerned about missing out on Fibre (there is capacity at the moment, but it goes fast).

Any help appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: ' cannot make changes - phone order in progress ' - for 11 months?!

Thanks for your post @mdplus and apologies for the delayed response.

This message has now been removed so you should be able to make changes to your account now.

If there's anything else we can help with let us know

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
mdplus
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: ' cannot make changes - phone order in progress ' - for 11 months?!

Hi Matthew, great - thanks for sorting.

Have to say that each time I speak to a Support/Techie, I remind them to tell their Managers (assuming they are listening...) that the reason I have stayed with Plus for so long - and have recommended the firm so often to others - is that they have the most accessible and organised Support/Techie departments around.

(In 20 or so years of phoning, have only had 1 genuinely clueless and rude operative - I assume now weeded out).

Reason for telling them to pass this message on is to simply discourage any BT Beancounter from trying to economise on personnel....