Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancelling eve and weekend plan

FIXED
frankandliz
Grafter
Fixes: 1

cancelling eve and weekend plan

Am I able to cancel my evening and weekend plan without incurring any penalty?  I am still in contract for phone and broadband.

Just wondering if the phone plan is tied to the BB contract?

11 REPLIES 11
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: cancelling eve and weekend plan

@frankandliz 

Yes, you can cancel the call plan. The phone line rental will be tied to your BB package, but not the call plan.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

frankandliz
Grafter

But when I go to change my call plan to line only the monthly cost goes up to £32.88 instead of the £24.22!! (which includes evening and weekend calls)

How can that be?

I thought the monthly cost would go down to £18.99 ie monthly cost minus call plan - £22.22 minus  £5.23.

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

There is bug in the Plusnet system in that the prices displayed (when you change / delete  / add call plans) are those excluding any discounts you may have. These discounts should be unaffected by removing your call plan.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Not a bug.

The interface reports the product costs, not any existing discounts.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @frankandliz, thanks for getting in touch. I am sorry for the concern caused with the call plan change.

As has been mentioned, on the page this doesn't account for any discounts that you have as part of your package.

If you have any issues with changing the plan at all, just add a reply on the ticket here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=220795142 with your request: and we can action that for you, just give us a nudge on here if you reply.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
jgb
Champion

@Townman 

It may not be a bug in the true sense of that word but it is an issue that crops up repeatedly on these forums, and has done for some time.

It is about time that Plusnet either corrected the page to include customers' current discounts or added some text to explain what the page actually displays and that current discounts are unaffected. Such action would save customers' and staff time in avoiding such queries and having to answer them.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Superuser citation

This topic has been cited by one of the Superusers; the purpose of which is to provide a note for information which might help to focus continued discussion (but might not result in a staff response).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

frankandliz
Grafter

Not sure how to reply to a ticket so have added more details requesting call plan cancelation subject to keeping existing discounts.

Thank you

jgb
Champion

@frankandliz Not quite sure what you mean. But if you clicked on the link in @LaurenB post that should take you to the ticket (you have to log into your Member Centre). If you are not taken to the ticket directly there should be a link on the Member Centre home page to get to it. Once at the ticket (you may need to click View in the box next to the ticket list) scroll to the bottom and click "I need to add more details" and a box will open to allow you to do so. Then click to submit. If CS need more they will respond and you should get an email to tell you it has been answered and there will be a link back to the ticket.

If that is what you have done, apologies for the "teach - in" which you did not need!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Thanks for getting back to us @frankandliz

I've arranged that for you now.

Let us know if you have further issues or there's anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Thanks for the feedback all,

I'll get the wording improved on the help article to hopefully help others in the future.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager