Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i change my phone number?

frauleinkunst
Dabbler

can i change my phone number?

hi all
i have tried to search for this but all i can find is changing my outbound number only or adding an extra phone line
all i want to do is get a new phone number as i keep getting unwanted calls from someone
how do i go about it?
ta
7 REPLIES 7
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: can i change my phone number?

From a year ago.
http://community.plus.net/forum/?topic=107334.msg916198
Why not call customer services and ask the procedure and current price?
If the calls always come from the same numbers you could consider getting calls from those numbers blocked. But if it is a malicious caller I suppose they could just withold their number or call from elsewhere. If I recall correctly the Choose to Refuse service was available for free trial.  There are also devices available to purchase that  screen incoming calls such as Truecall (c £100) and CPR Call Blocker (c £40-£50) and phones that block specified numbers.
https://www.truecall.co.uk/home.aspx
http://www.maplin.co.uk/cpr-call-blocker-784225

Prices may be cheaper elsewhere than from above sites.
NedLudd
Grafter

Some Panasonic cordless phones (and others?) allow the user to set a 'ban' list so that calls are refused without the handset ringing!
Mine does - model KX-TG8421E.
Geoff,
York.
AKag3nt47
Grafter

changing a number requires a good reason and it's very expensive from some providers like (SKY,BT,Virgin Media etc) i wanted mine changed once! they said no because i had no proper reason, so i said the police told me to tell you to change it & they said (we will change it right away sir & there's no charge for this) just bullshit them lol
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

According to the Plusnet Price Guide a re-number costs £35.85.
You could give Customer Services a ring or use the Help Assistant to request this. This direct link seems suitable for submitting such a request.
David
AKag3nt47
Grafter

Shocked that's cheap! 
frauleinkunst
Dabbler

ta for the replies guys,
guess i will have to leave it because i do not have the funds to pay Sad
il just keep doing what i do now, i only answer the phone if someone texts me first to say they are going to call the housephone, then I know I can answer it
I have never been charged for this before  or heard of being charged
I wish I had been given the option of changing when i left sky to come to plusnet  Cry
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry, we just pass on the wholesale cost of a renumber - in fact we charge slightly less because we didn't change the price guide when VAT changed to 20%.