Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

caller display not working

Luc74
Hooked

caller display not working

Hi folks,

joined plusnet recently and all seems ok - except caller display is not working.  It is showing as Active in my account.

calling *#234# and *234# gives the message "sorry, the service requested is not available"
(it always worked fine with BT)

spoken to two call centre staff without any joy. the second one of which actually said "my supervisor says dialing *#234# is nonsense, we've never heard of it" i was stunned and pointed out it was from the plusnet website and was also the suggestion of the first cs person i spoke to. he then said i dont know what to do. maybe its a fault.
totally useless.

any suggestions on how to get this fixed? unlike BT, plusnet don't seem to have online fault testing/reporting?

9 REPLIES 9
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: caller display not working

Hi Luc74,

Welcome to the forums! I am not part of the customer services team but I do look after our customer Help website.

Can you tell me where you found the instructions for *#234# ? If we have false information on the site then I can look at getting that changed. I couldn't find anything on the Call Features here:

https://www.plus.net/help/phone/call-features/#how-do-i-use-call-features

I am sure one of the Help team will see this post soon and offer advice about getting the Caller Display though.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Luc74
Hooked

Hi jaread83,

I attach 2 screen shots showing the instructions i have received to call *#234# 
on this plusnet help page, scroll down to the FAQ  "my caller id isn't working"
https://www.plus.net/help/phone/phone-line-troubleshooting/

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Thanks Luc74, I will ask someone about whether this is correct or not.

In the meantime, hopefully @Gandalf will be able to help you out with any issues with your account in regards to features not working for your phone.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

azc
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

It usually gets sorted by having the facility removed and then added back on (HarryB has dealt with this issue previously)

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

It looks like the adviser you spoke to has raised a line fault to Openreach which is likely to be the cause of the issue.

We've been given an estimated response time of by 08/01/18 23:59:59.
Can you let us know if your caller display works next week?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Luc74
Hooked

thanks Gandalf, i'll update next week then.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Can you check it for me now please @Luc74

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Luc74
Hooked

@JonoH yes it is now working. thanks. seems caller display just needed to be switched on/off by plusnet. 

however... thanks to call centre staff carrying out a line test whilst the line was still in use (of course it failed!) Openreach were sent round on a wild goose chase to see if there was a physical fault causing the caller display issue. Openreach engineer guessed correctly that the service likely just needed disabling/re-enabling by plusnet. Whilst he was here, he found a whole mess of poor wiring in our street which has now been marked up with spray paint awaiting a gang to come and dig up the road outside our house! 

thanks again for the help.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

pleased we were able to help @Luc74 let me know if there's anything else you need help with,

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager