cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

call blocking

alstomandy

call blocking

just curious.  when I was using AOL as IT supplier, the landline call blocking was a 'free facility.  I believe 'Talk Talk' is also free.  How come plusnet charge £4.00pm for this facility?  Has anyone else had an issue with this.  I will certainly be reviewing my account when my compulsory period is over.
5 REPLIES 5
picbits
Rising Star

Re: call blocking

Plusnet use BT for their phone line provider - they are just passing on most of their cost for this service.
You could always use a £1 a month Caller ID and purchase your own call blocking phone - this gives you a lot more control over which calls you receive and reject.
I didn't realise AOL provided their own telephone line / service.
picbits
Rising Star

Ahh this would explain it :
Who we are and what services we provide
TalkTalk Telecom Limited trading as AOL Broadband offer a range of online and voice access and communications services to our members.

So effectively the same company.
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 3

I didn't realise that AOHell were still going, I thought when the stream of 3.5" floppies and CD-Roms stopped that they'd died off... Grin
Joshc
Grafter

Good morning,
@ alstomandy
DomS has supplied you with the correct answer and also suggested a good alternative.
Thanks Smiley 
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Quote from: DomS
You could always use a £1 a month Caller ID and purchase your own call blocking phone - this gives you a lot more control over which calls you receive and reject.

... or a stand-alone call blocker (which is line powered).
Having your own blocking device also means that your "settings" are portable and independent of your phone supplier.
Phil
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.