cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bringing my home phone over to plusnet mid march - will it be smooth???

karimoum
Dabbler

bringing my home phone over to plusnet mid march - will it be smooth???

I have decided to save some money and bring my landline package over to plusnet as well (from bt). The BT landline is actually in my brothers name as he used to live in the house with me.
I am feeling a bit on edge, I never change utilities or phone generally because I've had so many bad experiences with things going wrong.
I really need assurances from plusnet and BT that the transfer will occur without disruption and the number will port. The last thing I want is for me to get tied into a new 18 month contract and for me to lose the house number which we had for decades.
Cry
15 REPLIES 15
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: bringing my home phone over to plusnet mid march - will it be smooth???

my own personal experience was a smooth transfer
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
FreddieFlint
Grafter

what dvorak said Smiley
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Seamless when I moved over last year.
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Mine was fine, just make sure you don't tell BT first, allow PN to do all the work.
Make sure you pick the features you want, caller display, voice mail, evening and weekend calls, if you want/need them, and be aware calls to mobiles are not included!
karimoum
Dabbler

I want to reiterate. Currently the billpayer on the landline is MY BROTHER. The BB is under my name.
I have been informed from an independant party that this wall cause problems and cause the number transfer to fail.
Can someone from plusnet confirm this will port smoothly to plusnet retaining my number.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I don't believe it will be a problem for us to transfer your line to us.
This is pretty good advice as it will avoid any cease orders being placed potentially stopping us from placing orders, which could cause you loss of service.
Quote from: Mustrum
Mine was fine, just make sure you don't tell BT first, allow PN to do all the work.
Make sure you pick the features you want, caller display, voice mail, evening and weekend calls, if you want/need them, and be aware calls to mobiles are not included!
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
karimoum
Dabbler

And what if it doesn't? What if the number transfer fails? Does the number get lost in the system forever and me unable to recover it?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

If the 'number transfer' fails, it means someone has placed the wrong order (Automation should be placing it anyway) or your current provider has ceased the line.
If you add phone through the member centre, it will place the transfer order automatically.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
karimoum
Dabbler

In plain English....?
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello there. Essentially, if you place the transfer order online yourself on the Member Centre, the process will be automated and your number should transfer across to us without any possible human error involved. Providing that BT aren't notified and don't cease the line before the transfer is complete.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
karimoum
Dabbler

I placed the order by telephone, but I assume this is essentially the same thing?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The order looks fine. Committed for 14/03/16 Smiley
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Mine ports tomorrow from BT: I'll advise if there are issues arising Undecided
Had the Termination Letter from BT, and when I rang to advise date of porting in letter was wrong (PN changed
from what had been agreed on phone as was a Sunday), they in fact had correct date and were keen to retain me after 40+
years with BT.
However, they couldn't compete with PN's phone package, but did offer an overall bundle saving if I stayed with (Market 1) them with just
£5 for the BB element..lot cheaper than PN.
But I didn't fancy calls to Indian Call centres for support.
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29