cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bogus calls charged aginst my account

nickmanc
Hooked

bogus calls charged aginst my account

Upon checking my bills today I notice that I have been charged almost £20 for calls in the past month.  Looking at the history this stretches back several months.  They can't have been made from this number as we don't have a landline phone connected - the only device connected to the telephone socket is the plusnet router.

Most of the calls are 0 length calls to 123, with a few others to random local numbers (e.g. 01612111111) - from what I can see these will all be from engineers working on the line.  How can I get these charges refunded?

Thanks

Nick

10 REPLIES 10
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Re: bogus calls charged aginst my account

from what I can see these will all be from engineers working on the line

Random calls to low digit numbers e.g your 2111111 example (I assume you are on an 0161 exchange) are more likely caused by a fault somewhere causing random pulses on the line. Could be an internal device, although that sounds unlikely if only the router is connected, or an external fault.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

nickmanc
Hooked

Thanks for the reply - Yes, we're on an 0161 exchange.  They aren't all low numbers but seemed like the type of thing you'd just bash into  a keypad to test out (have attached snippet of bill).  We haven't had anything plugged in other than the router for months, maybe longer so must be something external.

Hopefully someone will be along shortly who can help with sorting out these charges

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

There's way too many there to be engineers testing a line. There's no digit > 3 in any of the calls which is typical of a fault causing psuedo dialing pulses

Hopefully one of the Help team will spot this shortly, if not then raise a fault at https://faults.plus.net

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @nickmanc and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm really sorry to see there are calls on your bills you haven't made. 

I've tested your line tonight and the tests aren't showing any issues, but to investigate further I'd like to arrange an engineer. 

Could you reply to the ticket I've logged on your account Here with when you'll be available for a visit? If you can post back once you've responded, I'll make sure we book the engineer as soon as we can.

Once the fault's fixed depending on where the issue lies, we'll be happy to refund the call charges to you. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
nickmanc
Hooked

Thanks @Gandalf , have replied to your ticket

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @nickmanc 

I've gone to book the engineer visit but the tests are now showing an external fault, an Earth Contact so I've raised this across to our suppliers and we've been given an estimated response time of by 06/01/22 23:59:59 for an engineer to go out and investigate further which means we won't need to arrange a visit with you now. 

If you can post back once we've confirmed the issue as resolved, we'll be happy to review the call charges. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
nickmanc
Hooked

Thanks @Gandalf will that be an engineer who comes to my house or will he just be working externally?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @nickmanc 

The engineer shouldn't need access to your property but if they do, they'll generally try to call you on the day.

If you're not home, don't worry as they'd pass the job back to us and we'll arrange an appointment if needed.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
nickmanc
Hooked

@Gandalf - engineer been, faults have been cleared.  Can the call charges for the past few months please be reviewed and refunded

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @nickmanc,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing these issues, though I'm glad to see that the engineer work went ahead today as planned. I've had a look over the account tonight and logged a response via the open support ticket, which can be accessed here. I hope that helps, but if you have any queries then please feel free to log them here in the thread Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team