bar 0906 numbers

is there a way to bar these numbers as i worryed about running up my bil
thanks
7 REPLIES 7
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: bar 0906 numbers

See other threads discussing call barring.
Plusnet can offer chargeable services to block all international calls &/or all premium rate calls. This is not a standard product and requires manual implementation so staff may or may not be willing to do so.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I don't think it was staff unwilling to add call barring, simply that the option wasn't on their standard control panel so they might not be aware of it and how to do it.
Based on staff posts in topic Blocking premium rate numbers? I think you need to raise a ticket to request this. There would be a charge which would have to be collected manually by CC every 3 months.
David
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yep, that's pretty much how things are - we can add it and need to charge manually every three months. Not sure of the charge I'm afraid but I'd guess between £2 and £4 a month, if you're interested I'll find out for you.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: spraxyt
I don't think it was staff unwilling to add call barring, simply that the option wasn't on their standard control panel so they might not be aware of it and how to do it.

I based my message on the fact that when I previously mentioned in another thread the fact that PN does offer Call Barring of sorts James replied
Quote from: James
Yours has been handled manually, which is something we would prefer not to do.
Officially we only offer features which you can add via the portal.

Isn't the solution simple? Get the portal updated so that it does handle these features.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: alanf
Isn't the solution simple? Get the portal updated so that it does handle these features.

I'm afraid that's only part of it. We'd also need to create the product on our own servers and link it in with our billing systems so it's charged, after having our finance team work out the costings based on how much it costs us to order and supply, then all that new code will need testing, then rolling out, then testing further in order to see if it's all alright.
I'm afraid there's not a lot that's simple in this industry Smiley
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: Matt
I'm afraid there's not a lot that's simple in this industry Smiley

But it has been requested and features on my radar.
nal2008
Dabbler

Just interested.
Do any other providers offer call barring as an option or standard feature?
I suppose if providers allowed bill payers to block 09 numbers etc it could reduce their income and therefore they are reluctant to do so?