cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

appalling customer service

Gertie1

appalling customer service

I moved in June, Plusnet were asked to transfer my phone and broadband to my new address.

The date to transfer the broadband was suggested for an unacceptable 6 weeks. The problem was not resolved

I changed providers because they were obviously unable to fulfil the terms of their contract.

I am still being billed for a non existent telephone line and broadband.

They have now passed my bill to debt collectors.  

Has anyone else experienced similar problems with Plusnet

2 REPLIES 2
Kdog
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: appalling customer service

Have to ask one question here-you say the transfer time was unacceptable. By that reckoning I assume you didn't go ahead with the service move. Did you actually cancel the service at the old property in that case, or just not go ahead with moving the service? Remember, if you simply cancel the move the existing contract simply comes back in. I know there have been endless issues with the billing system so this could easily be one of those, but ruling out the possibility that the service at the old address was simply never cancelled, so you've essentially kept a service active at your old address-which technically you'd actually be liable for.
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: appalling customer service

HI there @Gertie1

I'm sorry to hear about these issues you have experienced and apologies for any frustration caused. I have raised a ticket with the relevant team to look into this for you. We will update you shortly. - Maddy