cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anytime+ moving to and just wondered???

tony_madge
Dabbler

anytime+ moving to and just wondered???

I have signed up for anytime+ and agreed the 12 month contract so I get the discount. I have a question
Does the free calls to 01 02 and 03 numbers work with numbers in the Channel Isles or are these charged?
International calls...I would like to contact friends in Hamburg now I see I would qualify under the anytime+ for the free international calls is there a set up fee for each call to Hamburg?
Many thanks Tony
14 REPLIES 14
paulby
Grafter

Re: anytime+ moving to and just wondered???

Don't know about the Channel Islands but the free calls to international numbers don't have a set up fee.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
I'm not sure about the Channel Islands TBH but will check this out for you on Monday. Don't suppose you can PM me a phone number I can use to confirm can you?
nadger
Rising Star

Most packages I've seen don't include Channel Islands for free.
tony_madge
Dabbler

Hi Mand, you asked as below re my enquiry into anytime+ free calls to the CI?? well here is the number that you can check 01534 482098 that one is a Jersey Number, the Guernsey number 01481 240240 as you can see they are both 01 numbers, and I did not see them in the international call list? be glad if you could clear this one up
Cheers Tony
PS sent you this as a PM as well, the telephone numbers are not private numbers...just in case anyone was concerned I was using personal numbers.. Wink
Mand
Grafter

Thanks, I'll check these out for you tomorrow.
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: nadger

I like to see your evidence for this as the International code for the Chanel Islands is 44 the same as the UK and their numbers start with 01. Have never seen any 01 numbers exclude from free call tariffs.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Quote from: itsme
Quote from: nadger

I like to see your evidence for this as the International code for the Chanel Islands is 44 the same as the UK and their numbers start with 01. Have never seen any 01 numbers exclude from free call tariffs.

SKYtalk  as a general example.
BT for some services.  This example is for 0800 reverse calls.
M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

itsme
Grafter

After doing more searching I found that BT does not include the Channel Islands in the free calls allowance.
Was fooled by the following BT Pricing Document Calls to the Channel Island are charged at the National rate. I just assume that if the cost is the same that they will be included in the free allowance. Have found out since this is not the case.
minkey
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Quote from: itsme
After doing more searching I found that BT does not include the Channel Islands in the free calls allowance.

I can agree with this as I was caught out thinking that dialling an 01 number to Jersey would be included in my BT option 3 package.
I needed to call Play.com who are based in Jersey and instead of phoning their 08 number I found their 01 number and used that instead. When the bill came I found I had been charged. Live and Learn I guess
HPsauce
Pro

Equally don't expect your mobile to work as on the mainland if you go there. It's expensive international calls back home!  Shocked
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
I have checked with our product team, and within our pricing database, and can confirm that these calls would be included, dependent on your product of course.
Looks like yet another reason to move to PlusNet. Wink
James
Grafter

From what I know about the Channel Islands, I think they're mainly on Cable.
Think friends on Guernsey were all on Telewest, counting as UK calls. (Try telling that to the French :P)
minkey
Rising Star

Quote from: Jameseh
(Try telling that to the French :P)

And BT!
tony_madge
Dabbler

Thanks Mand it seems like you say a good reason to change Grin I have signed up to anytime+ so that means free calls to C.I..Bonus Cheesy