cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about to leave plus net after ongoing problems with my phone and broadband

bb41
Dabbler

about to leave plus net after ongoing problems with my phone and broadband

A week in I have been having terrible problems with my phone and broad band.  First reported a week ago.
Sent a new router and filters in the post.
Phone line : can't make or receive calls and no mobile coverage where I live .  Noise on the line is just far too great to hear anything.
Now another test done today , results.
Fault location: CA
Diagnosis code: T024
Description: FAULT - Loop (Rectified)
I'm vulnerable and away from family and the only way of contacting daily is phone and email .  I will have to leave plus net as this service is just not good enough after constantly telling me there's nothing wrong until today.
15 REPLIES 15
catelliott
Grafter

Re: about to leave plus net after ongoing problems with my phone and broadband

Hi there,
I'm really sorry to hear about this, I've raised your fault to our suppliers and they estimate that it should be fixed by 8th May. I have updated ticket 103592043 with further information for you Smiley
bb41
Dabbler

Hi thanks , yes just see an email as a battery contact fault.
My question is why is it I've had to have really poor internet and no phone for a week now and allegedly will be fixed on the 8th May ?
I've always rated pulsate and recommended to others, but then I never had a problem before.
Sad the problems are always the things that you remember
PS can you tell me what a battery connect fault is as after googling my test results it said it was a loose connection which would require an engineer
adie:quote
catelliott
Grafter

Hi again bb41,
It looks like initially we were investigating this as just a broadband fault, but the underlying cause was the phone line. I apologise for this. A battery contact fault can be external property and is often caused by a short circuit. An engineer won't be required as the fault has been found to be external Smiley
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Quote from: catelliott
An engineer won't be required as the fault has been found to be external Smiley

Eh?  Shocked
Did you mean an engineer will be required, but won't need access to the customer's premises?
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
bb41
Dabbler

Quote from: catelliott
Hi again bb41,
It looks like initially we were investigating this as just a broadband fault, but the underlying cause was the phone line. I apologise for this. A battery contact fault can be external property and is often caused by a short circuit. An engineer won't be required as the fault has been found to be external Smiley

But why do I have to wait when I have been constantly logging faults, my phone was working fine even when the broadband hasn't been for over a week now.
Last night we had terrible storms but I couldn't contact anyone for help. I think it's a priority when you have no other means of communication , and internet is either off or too slow to do much
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@Force 'E'
Yes a engineer is needed but they don't have to visit the property. Think Cat got her wires crossed there.
@bb41
We'll try and get the fault fixed as soon as we can.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
bb41
Dabbler

I have made up my mind to change providers if this fault is not fixed today , I have no mobile coverage , non existent internet and more importantly no phone.  I needed the phone very urgently twice this week and again this morning was unable to call my daughter on her birthday .  Not majorly important to a company but very important to me especially as I have just lost my Mum a few weeks ago.
All I have had is a couple of emails saying what the fault is, but this wasn't found until a week after complaint lodged pretty much. Dis appointing as I always rated PN but then never had a problem before.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Something doesn't stack up here:
Quote from: bb41
A week in I have been having terrible problems with my phone and broad band.  First reported a week ago.
Phone line : can't make or receive calls and no mobile coverage where I live .  Noise on the line is just far too great to hear anything.

Quote from: bb41
my phone was working fine even when the broadband hasn't been for over a week now.

Could you clarify please. Has the phone been working or not?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
bb41
Dabbler

Let me make things a bit clearer..First my broadband kept dropping out constantly, after a couple of days I reported a problem.
I was told it was my router, so a new one was sent
New router didn't help, reported fault again
A few days later my phone started having terrible noise problems to a point where I couldn't use it so reported a fault and kept getting a no fault found.
2 days after this a fault was found and a job put out for May 8th
I was told an engineer didn't need access to property ( stated on this thread) Wrong engineer does need access to property.
Not sure if the left hand knows what the right hand is doing
bb41
Dabbler

Well when very nice BT open reach man came and inspected my sockets.  I asked him why he needed access as I was told engineer didn't need to come in (not a problem, but I may have been  out ) he explained that 80% of the faults are at the property so it's quicker to check first.  PN could you make sure the engineer does need to come to the property before you tell them they don't need access it may solve problems quicker.
He checked and all was working fine, thankfully I didn't get the speech about if the fault lies with my equipment then I will be charged 🙂
BTOR told me a timescale of between 1 and 3 hours to fix.  3 hours it was and a phone call just now to check I'm happy.
Sad thing is he has found 4 faults pertaining to the 4 houses here and he must wait for reports of a fault to continue, how odd.
I will keep PN until I move house but I will seriously consider moving providers then as when a system works then all is fine but it's how problems are dealt with and I felt the faults are not acted on soon enough and numerous reporting is needed before any action is taken .
I will also move to an area where mobile coverage is good as with no way of contacting the outside world is at best annoying at worst dangerous .  Just like to add my thanks to BTOR for a great job and informed me every step of the way
joclark
Grafter

Good morning, thanks for your reply.
Sorry to hear about the issues which you have received.
When you was advised that we did not need an engineer to your property, this is information which BTOR advises us. It looks like you had an engineer who went above and beyond for you which is always grate to hear.
I apologise about the difficulties in getting your fault rectified. I sincerely hope you consider Plusnet when you move property in the future.
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

I think you mean great, unfortunate spellcheck intervention  Huh
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
bb41
Dabbler

...and so it starts again, hardly any internet again . router plugged into master socket but still no joy  Sad
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

How's the phone?
Your connection is all over the place, so until that's fixed, forget your speed. I'm going to do a thorough line test now and look into the possibility of an SNR increase (to increase stability) or interleaving.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team