Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your 'service' is a joke

SarahM
Dabbler

Re: Your 'service' is a joke

Right, so read that back what you have just said

"The manager you spoke to advised me that he did not provide an offer for a new contract as you were not the account holder, however he did advise that you had mentioned the offer you'd seen online for new customers. He advised me that he then explained to you the process the account holder could follow to discuss re-contracting"

Does that not read back to you, that this Team Leader (that is not how I was told he was. I was speaking to a manager, and the manager said he needed to speak to his manager and get his manager to phone back and it was a second tier manager). But read that above back out to yourself what this person said.

Does that not read to you that he said that if the account holder phones Plusnet. They can get this deal on a new contact when they phone. And It was a case of I couldn't get it as I am not the account holder he was speaking to and the account holder needs to phone to get this deal on a new contract.

Which is exactly what I am saying occured too and my recollection of that call also. So can I and the account holder phone Plusnet now. And quote you, HarryB as saying on the forums, that you have said, if the account holder phones, they can have this deal. Which is exactly how your post reads out to me as saying?

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Let me clarify.

"The manager you spoke to advised me that he did not provide an offer for a new contract as you were not the account holder,

This is because we do not make contractual changes without the account holder requesting these.

however he did advise that you had mentioned the offer you'd seen online for new customers.

There's no mention that existing customers can get this offer.

He advised me that he then explained to you the process the account holder could follow to discuss re-contracting"

As above, this wasn't to get the offer available to new customers, but to get a new contract from our customer options team.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
SarahM
Dabbler

You see this is the problem.

There is a clear and fundamental breakdown in communication. And its caused by Plusnet agents not being clear.

The quote you made that the manager said to you implies something very strongly, you said it two times. And again it implies something very strongly

Now, for the first time, Chris has come along, trying to add new information to this quote that this team leader made suggesting this is not possible. When it is very clear what the manager said implies very strongly otherwise.

This is not good enough.

The manager, if he is a team leader, should know full well that he needs to be clear on the phone. He will be banging on to all his agents of the pitfalls of not being clear on the phone. And he was choosing to be deliberately misleading or did it via incompetence for giving me the clear indication from the words he used that this was possible.

Another agent (Chris) has now needed to come along to add further statements - that this team leader did not say at the time, to suggest what this team leader offered in the call is not possible.

This is not good enough. So to say again. If the accouunt holder phones up. They should be given this deal. And this team leader should need to be retrained on how to not mislead customers due to either deceptive or poor words used.

That is what he did with the choice of words used. He suggested it very clearly that if the account holder phones. They can get a new 12months contract on this new deal.

You have quoted him saying this too. But you now add that he couldn't have meant this as its not possible for current customers to get it

That is not good enough. He made the gaffe, you should honour it.

Chris
Legend

This is not good enough. So to say again. If the accouunt holder phones up.

As above, this is not something we would do.

All I've done is clarify your understanding of the posts that Harry has made, this is not further information to be ambiguous, it's to make sure you understand what we can do and offer.

The 6 months anytime calls has been added to the account.

If the account holder wants to discuss recontracting for a discount on the bill they need to call, this will very unlikely match the new customer offer.

quote from HarryB:

He also said he did not offer 12 months free broadband on a 12 month contract.

I do appreciate you may have seen this offer for new customer elsewhere, but the offer to re-contract is unfortunately not always the same that we can offer to existing customers.

I'm afraid there's little more we can add here as the conversation is simply cycling around now.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
SarahM
Dabbler

The team leader made it very clear on the phone to me. I have asked you to listen to the call

Instead HarryB comes along and in effect says the same thing as what I am claiming the manager said in quoting what the manager says he said to me in the call.

Chris then comes along and starts adding new info twisting this sentence and statements made by the team leader, to now be a case of how this could not be possible what the manager offered.

To say agan. Either the team leader offered it. Or he used very poor choice of words and implied strongly he was offering it.

Either way this is your team leader is solely at fault. And you need to honour this deal

If you do not honour a deal that a team leader offered, and do all you can to twist words and everything just to wangle out of it. Why should we stay with Plusnet.

You need to remember, this was offered due to absolutely dreadful service by plusnet in the past year. And the contract ends with you next month so we need something to remain with you and you cannot even honour the deals your own team leader offers to me and you try and wangle out of them

Chris
Legend

As mentioned previously, I offered clarification and am not twisting words.

The offer for the poor service was 6 months free anytime calls, this has been applied to the account.

We would not provide a recontract offer to someone that is not the account holder.

If the account holder wishes to discuss obtaining a discount and agreeing a recontract, they need to call our customer options team.

I'm afraid there is nothing further I'll be adding to this thread.

SarahM
Dabbler

"As mentioned previously, I offered clarification and am not twisting words."

You added clarification by offering brand new information that the team leader did not say in the call itself. Made with one intention and one alone. To wangle out of it.

This team leader should not need or require normal agents to come along and offer "clarification" of what he said. He is a team leader and should know how to be clear in the first place of what he is offering. That is how he presumably got the job being a team leader in the first place.

If he is not clear in what he is offering, and as a result due to his own very poor choice of words and explanation used, the customer goes away with a clear belief that a deal was offered. Then he needs to honor it.  It is plain and simple. And he then needs to treat it as a lesson learned to be clearer in the future.

Chris
Legend

The team leader made it very clear on the phone to me. I have asked you to listen to the call

Instead HarryB comes along and in effect says the same thing as what I am claiming the manager said in quoting what the manager says he said to me in the call.

We have listened to the call and our responses in this thread match what was said on the call. You were given 6 months free anytime calls and were told that the account holder can recontract by calling our customer options team.

SarahM
Dabbler

"account holder can recontract by calling our customer options team."

Recontract on what deal? We are going around in circles as you will not offer a straight answer.

Chris
Legend

I am not in the customer options team so I will not be able to advise on the deals they may offer, this is also the same advice offered by the Team Leader on the call and mentioned by Harry here:

advised the process that the account holder could follow if they would like to discuss re-contracting.

To find out what deal they can be offered the account holder would need to call our customer options team.

SarahM
Dabbler

"I am not in the customer options team so I will not be able to advise on the deals they may offer."

Then can you get someone from the customer options team to respond to this topic and give me a straight answer please so I don't potentially misquote anyone, or misunderstand things.

Chris
Legend

I'm afraid not, the customer options team do not post on the forum. As we've said on multiple occasions the account holder would need to call in and discuss this.