cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your 'service' is a joke

SarahM
Dabbler

Your 'service' is a joke

We have been with Plusnet for under a year now. And even though you are appraranty BT. Your service is a complete joke.

This is now the third time in this year of being with Plusnet the phoneline has been faulty. Neither the phone can make or receive calls. Each time we need to to wait 4/5 days for this to be fixed. For the 40 odd years with regular BT this never happened once. In the 11months with Plusnet, three times.

The second time this occurred earlier in the year we were promised compensation. This never arrived. And now this is the third time this has happened.

The account holder is 95 years old with serious deteriorating medical problems and needs the phoneline. As the account holder could not contact you today due to this. I have needed to do this, her grandson with all details to pass security validation. There is absolutely no way whatsoever the account holder can come to the phone and speak. They are 95 years old and seriously unwell and being cared for. I waited over 30mins to get through to an agent. Who was the most condescending waste of space I have encountered in my life who refused to listen to the issue or accept the report - that your lines are faulty and you need to fix them. This is all I was phoning about. To report your lines have went down

I then asked to speak to a manager. This request was refused. I then said I wish to make a general complaint to the manager. This was also refused. And the person then abruptly hung up on me.

This 'Plusnet' service is beyond a joke. The account holder needs the use of the phone. This is not to make idle chat. It is because the account holder has serious medical issues and the phoneline is needed for her carers need to speak to Doctors and Nurses who are attending frequent homevisits as she is being home cared for at home. And your shoddy service seems to go down repeatedly.

We are not prepared to wait 3-5 working days for a fix for this again. As this is the third time this has happened in 11months. And you promised after the second time this would not happen again. And we were promised compensation for this, which you reneged on last time for no reason.

Furthermore, put my name on this account to discuss this on the phone service; Anthony. I am not giving my surname as this is a public forum. The phoneline needs to be fixed, and it needs to be fixed now.

26 REPLIES 26
bicyclz
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: Your 'service' is a joke

Couldn't agree more, though my circumstances are seemingly not as severe as yours.

Plusnet used to have excellent service. Not any more it seems, when you look through the recent post on the forum.

I'm changing supplier as soon as I can sensibly do it. Even TalkTalk looks good compared with this shambles. And it's cheaper.... (I'm NOT moving to TalkTalk, I just use it as an example)

'Customer Services' putting the phone down on you is inexcusable. Simple as that.

They did it to me & that's a red-line crossed for me.

Sad/greedy management is the problem, not the employees. BT is so big & complacent it can afford to lose/ignore a few thousand unhappy customers when it hikes the prices, etc.

I wish you well in your endeavours, but I wouldn't be hopeful for resolution.

SarahM
Dabbler

Right so Plusnet need to do something here.

I telephoned up and spoke to the customer service a second time. Was then after 30mins put through to a manager. Who could offer no worthwhile compensation for this inconvenience. So he promised a call back from his manager; [CSA Removed].

Had that call 20mins ago and its just a joke still. The manager wanted to be all "you ask what you want in compensation" and not offering what really he feels should be put in place (clearly because Plusnet staff are on commission to give people the worst deals they can get away with, there is no other reason to go on like that).

Originally I was offered 2monnth free Broadband. I am currently paying £2 per month so this is in effect £4 compensation.On telling him this. So I was then offered 6 months free broadband. I then raised this on Hotukdeals offering 12months free broadband. I was told by [CSA Removed] that I would need to phone back up and go on a new contract for this.

So he offered me 6 months free calls. And my Broadband is going to switch from £2 to £9.99 in September. So I phoned right back up and spoke to someone called [CSA Removed]. And the person I spoke to - like usual, claimed I cannot discuss the account as I am not autherized - even though I have been put on the account as autherized today (for the third time in needing to do it).

And after some hair pulling I have been told I cannot have the 12months free broadband. As [CSA Removed] never wrote this in the notes.

This is a joke. This please really is a shambles.

I am asking now on the forums. I am being offered 6 months free calls in compensation for this mess you caused me.

I also given you are going to revert my broadband from £2 I am paying now, to £9.99 in September. I want to start a new 12months contract with you that is on Hotukdeals of 12months free broadband.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/plusnet-broadband-free-for-12-months-12m-contract-with-135-qudico-75...

Just like [CSA Removed] told me I can sign up for a new contract and get in the call 30mins ago now. Can someone set this up. I do I need to go back to BT - as these deals seem to be only for new customers. And yet you treat your existing customers so badly.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) CSA name removed as per Forum rules

SarahM
Dabbler

"Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA names removed as per Forum rules"

So the mods are reading this, removing all of their names from this shoddy service. But not responding or putting it right....

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I'm sorry to hear of the problems you've been experiencing.

Unfortunately adding you to an account is not something we would do off the back of a request made on a public forum. This would have to be requested by the account holder either over the phone or via their account.

The deal you have mentioned on Hotukdeals is not something we have posted and they appear to have advised 2 lots of cashback would be offered. This would break Quidcos T&Cs and void their cashback from Quidco.

In regards to re-contracting, this unfortunately can only be arranged with the account holder and not authorised users on accounts as it would result in a change in billing. The best team for the account holder to speak to regarding re-contracting would be our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632.

Although I do appreciate the concerns you've raised and I do fully appreciate this response is not ideal. Re-contracting is simply not something we can arrange without speaking to the account holder.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Mav
Fixes: 515

@SarahM wrote:
So the mods are reading this, removing all of their names from this shoddy service. But not responding or putting it right....

Moderators are customers like yourself with no access to your account.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

SarahM
Dabbler

Let me make this clear Harry Beesley

You are offering people free 12 months broadband. This is being taken up by a lot of people on Hotukdeals as per the link to the topic shows they are.

My service with Plusnet has been absolutely appaling in the last 11 months. Nobody would be happy with the service I have received.

The manager, who was supposed to put this right, acts in a manner like he is on commission and just trying to secure the worst deal he can offer me to put right your terrible service. That is not how a manager should act.

He makes assurances to me that I can phone up Customer Service and go on a new deal as per Hotukdeals states you can.

I phone up customer service, they confirm the deal exists. But they tell me I cannot have it.

Why should I stick with Plusnet?

I am posting on this forum, for you to say, we want to keep you as a customer and if you phone us back up and go through validation. You can have the deal everyone else is getting.

If you do not do this. I am leaving as would anyone. Your entire management of this issue has been a joke.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've sent an email to the manager you spoke to asking him for clarification on this. If you'd like to pm me the username for the account in question, I'll happily forward that on to him also.

We do want to keep customers. However I simply cannot authorise a deal to an authorised user on someone else's account. Although I appreciate you are posting on the forums for us to say that, I am not in the business of telling customers what they want to hear if that involves lying to them or putting my job on the line.

I don't believe our customer options team currently have a re-contracting deal for free broadband on a 12 month contract and unfortunately I can't just make that happen. If this is what the manager offered, I'll make sure he gets back in touch. But I'm afraid I will not be telling you that you can have an offer, that I'm not authorised to provide and on someone else's account.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
SarahM
Dabbler

The agent who I spoke to, allegedly text chatted with this manager during the call itself. And he seemingly changed what he said to wangle out of it.

He said I can telephone customer service and get the new 12months deal on a new contract after the call. But he confirmed back to that customer service agent I then spoke to in that text chat, that he did say this. But then twisting it, suggesting that is what new customers can do. And not me, as its just for new customers. So why even say I can phone if this is not the case.

So at best he deliberately mislead me in the content of the call.

The account username is:

[Removed]

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum to an area that staff can see.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Please do not remove or edit moderator actions/notes as this is against the Forum rules

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've since also spoken to the manager regarding this matter.

He's advised me that he provided a goodwill gesture on the account and advised the process that the account holder could follow if they would like to discuss re-contracting.

He also said he did not offer 12 months free broadband on a 12 month contract.

I do appreciate you may have seen this offer for new customer elsewhere, but the offer to re-contract is unfortunately not always the same that we can offer to existing customers.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
SarahM
Dabbler

"I've since also spoken to the manager regarding this matter.

"He's advised me that he provided a goodwill gesture on the account and advised the process that the account holder could follow if they would like to discuss re-contracting.

I do appreciate you may have seen this offer for new customer elsewhere, but the offer to re-contract is unfortunately not always the same that we can offer to existing customers."

Then he is either lying now after the fact, or at best he deliberately worded things to mislead me during the call. Which even reading your own summation of what he said as quoted above, clearly suggests he said to me the account holder can phone and get this 12 months deal. That is how your own summation reads out.

So what do I do about this?

You need to remember. Plusnet are entirely at fault here. Not me. I have done no wrong. Your service - and management of it - has been dreadful. And this managers handling of this issue. Was not how a manager should ever deal with it. Like I say, it came across like he was on commission and acting like a salesman the entire time. Not a manager trying to put right a serious problem with your service. And it seems quite clear he was a salesman on commission as he is now reneging/wangling out of what we agreed and discussed.

Can a copy of this call with this manager please be sent to me.

SarahM
Dabbler

So I take it thats it on the customer service side of things. As there have been no more replies to this issue..

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

There's not really much more I can say on the matter you initially posted about further to my previous response:

I've since also spoken to the manager regarding this matter.

He's advised me that he provided a goodwill gesture on the account and advised the process that the account holder could follow if they would like to discuss re-contracting.

I do appreciate you may have seen this offer for new customer elsewhere, but the offer to re-contract is unfortunately not always the same that we can offer to existing customers.

In regards to providing a copy of the call, this unfortunately isn't something we would be able to do via the forums. You can raise a subject access request to obtain a copy of the recording, however this must be requested in writing (or via a ticket on the account) and also requires a £10 fee to be paid for the request to be approved and processed.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
SarahM
Dabbler

Then how about you listen to the call and see who is telling the truth and report back to the forums.

At the end of the day. A tier 2 manager (as in the manager of the managers) has acted very poorly in dealing with this issue. He has made claims and statements he is now renegging on and trying to twist words to not honour. So who provides a manager with feedback, who is he accountable to for providing this poor service?

As the end of the day. I want what was offered to me by this manager in the call. And that is 6 months free phoe calls. And being allowed to take up the 12 months free broadband offer under a new contact with you..

So what are you going to do about this. As my recollection of this call is very specific. And I want what was offered. Are you refusing to provide me what was offered?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@SarahM wrote:
Are you refusing to provide me what was offered?

I am advising you what manager advised me he discussed with you.

EDIT: I am advising you what the manager advised me, that he discussed with you.

SarahM wrote:

At the end of the day. A tier 2 manager (as in the manager of the managers) has acted very poorly in dealing with this issue.

The person you advised you spoke to is a Team Leader (A manager) Not a managers manager.

@SarahM wrote:

As the end of the day. I want what was offered to me by this manager in the call. And that is 6 months free phoe calls.

The 6 months free anytimes calls has already been applied to the account by the manager off the back of your phone call.

@SarahM wrote:
And being allowed to take up the 12 months free broadband offer under a new contact with you..

The manager you spoke to advised me that he did not provide an offer for a new contract as you were not the account holder, however he did advise that you had mentioned the offer you'd seen online for new customers. He advised me that he then explained to you the process the account holder could follow to discuss re-contracting, but did not offer this to you on someone else's account.

I appreciate this is not the response you are hoping for, however there is nothing further I can add to this response.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet