cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another fault on phone line

PaulEvets
Dabbler

Yet another fault on phone line

After a week of no phone, one engineer visit to confirm there is a fault outside my premises, but as the engineer was unable to access the property where the BT distribution point was located (something I pointed out during initial report of the fault but was told they WOULD NOT NEED ACCESS)
This phone line has had noise for a long time, the broadband speed has been slow to pathetic and all attempts to try and get Plusnet / BT to accept there is a fault on the line  get a response of " our tests indicate blah blah blah" yet I am more than aware the fault though intermittent does exist and when the phone line is dead again at least they accept there is a fault.
Also to be threatened with a £50 fee for either the fault being with my equipment or not being in when the BT engineer calls is an insult - you are totally unable to give accurate time slots for engineer appointments, and when I have my phone plugged directly into the diagnostic connection of the incoming socket I am 100% certain the fault is your line or equipment, also my responsibility is from the master socket onwards, everything to this point is YOUR responsibility.
25 REPLIES 25
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Yet another fault on phone line

I'm sorry that this didn't get resolved on the first hit.
I'll get faults to chase this on Monday and stress that entrance to the DP is needed.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
PaulEvets
Dabbler

If you check records for this line you will see there has been repeated faults, complaints and no proper and complete fix for the faults. Perhaps some problems are simply beyond being fixed. I wonder if I will receive any recompense for yet ANOTHER FAULT Huh
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

We look at that on a case by case basis. We need to get everything working for you first though Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
PaulEvets
Dabbler

Some sort of an update on what is actually being done about this problem would be good as at the moment plusnet seem as silent as my phone line
Angry Angry Angry
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I'm checking into it now for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I'm sorry about this, my colleague has to raise a new report yesterday which has now been picked up. We're due an update tomorrow.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
PaulEvets
Dabbler

If the person who took the details of the fault had LISTENED to me, we would not have this pathetic situation, INSTEAD of banging on about a £50 charge from some script they should take the time to listen to what the customer told them in this case BECAUSE I WAS RIGHT, I informed the person the fault would be within the DP and that access would be a problem, I was told this was not the case (??????) and had to listen to the vile £50 speech instead.
I am very annoyed by the whole situation and poor handling of the whole issue, what on earth is "had to raise a new report" all about Huh and "due an update tomorrow" means very little.
I wonder how you claim to have such good customer service when all I've seen is so awful
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I fully agree that the agent should have listened to you, but I have to confirm that he had to tell you about possible charges regardless of the history of the situations. I've seen it all too often when a previous fault has been found and fixed only for a subsequent fault, believed by all to be the same issue, to be a customers equipment.
The fault itself was believed to have been resolved and so the case was closed by our supplier. As this problem continued, a subsequent description was sent to Openreach for further investigation.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
PaulEvets
Dabbler

DAY 10 OF NO PHONE
At no point during this current fault should anyone have considered this fault fixed, it's an insult to be told the case was closed by your supplier.
What about some sort of offer of recompense for this situation, you haven't even offered to put a divert on my calls to my mobile (something talktalk did for free !)
After all I have had to agree to your ransom demand of £50 if the fault was my equipment, what can I get from you people for such shoddy service ? (apart from some limp flaccid excuse)
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

We are working to get everything sorted as fast as possible for you, we also appreciate your downtime.
> At no point during this current fault should anyone have considered this fault fixed,
Nobody would hold a fault open indefinitely, and Openreach are no exception.
> it's an insult to be told the case was closed by your supplier.
We try to advise you exactly what's happening to give you a full understanding.
>What about some sort of offer of recompense for this situation,
None at this moment in time. We'll discuss this on the ticket once everything has been sorted. We'll then know how long you've been down, what the cause was, and (hopefully) what fixed it
>you haven't even offered to put a divert on my calls to my mobile (something talktalk did for free !)
This isn't always possible, but it can sometimes be arranged. If you can update your ticket requesting this, we'll try to sort it. You would be liable for the cost of the calls, but the service itself would be free.
>After all I have had to agree to your ransom demand of £50 if the fault was my equipment,
This isn't a ransom. This is for your benefit as well of the benefit of other customers in your area (of all providers) who need an engineer.
> what can I get from you people for such shoddy service ? (apart from some limp flaccid excuse)
I'm sorry you feel this way.

Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
PaulEvets
Dabbler

Tony
>> At no point during this current fault should anyone have considered this fault fixed,
>Nobody would hold a fault open indefinitely, and Openreach are no exception
WHY AFTER NOT FIXING THE FAULT LAST THURSDAY CAN THEY THEN CONSIDER THE FAULT CLOSED ??????
>> it's an insult to be told the case was closed by your supplier.
>We try to advise you exactly what's happening to give you a full understanding
ONLY AFTER I STARTED COMPLAINING HAVE YOU DONE ANY ADVISING WHATSOEVER AND ONLY BECAUSE I AM NOW USING VERY PUBLIC WAYS OF SHOWING MY ANGER
>>What about some sort of offer of recompense for this situation,
>None at this moment in time. We'll discuss this on the ticket once everything has been sorted. We'll then know how long you've been down, what the cause was, and (hopefully) what fixed it
I THINK YOU HIDE BEHIND STOCK EXCUSES HERE
>>you haven't even offered to put a divert on my calls to my mobile (something talktalk did for free !)
>This isn't always possible, but it can sometimes be arranged. If you can update your ticket requesting this, we'll try to sort it. You would be liable for the cost of the calls, but the service itself would be free.
PATHETIC RESPONSE, YOU EXPECT ME TO PAY FOR YOUR AND YOUR SUPPLIERS SHODDY SERVICE, THAT'S WHAT LINE RENTAL IS SUPPOSED TO COVER

>>After all I have had to agree to your ransom demand of £50 if the fault was my equipment,
>This isn't a ransom. This is for your benefit as well of the benefit of other customers in your area (of all providers) who need an engineer.
OF COURSE IT IS A RANSOM, I HAD TO AGREE TO PAY THE POSSIBLE CHARGE BEFORE AN ENGINEER WOULD EVEN COME TO CHECK OUT YOUR FAULTY EQUIPMENT
>> what can I get from you people for such shoddy service ? (apart from some limp flaccid excuse)
>I'm sorry you feel this way.
I DON'T BELIEVE YOU FOR ONE SINGLE SECOND ON THAT ONE
catelliott
Grafter

Hi there,
I am sorry for the ongoing fault, and completely understand your frustration at the situation. Our faults team are working to get this resolved for you as quickly as possible, and we will keep you updated as often as we can.
PaulEvets
Dabbler

If anyone bothered to read the previous notes on the Plusnet fault logging page they would quickly see that assurances are being given by Plkusnet staff which they have absolutely zero chance of ever fulfilling, which is very very very annoying. Please stop as it makes Plusnet look stupid!
Try telling the truth, if you don't know, then say so and pass the problems upwards to someone able to sort it out!
PaulEvets
Dabbler

Another day has gone by, still no phone service, just feeble excuses and false assurances of tomorrow things should be sorted. Pathetic performance.