cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yellow pages etc

MightyMouse
Grafter

Yellow pages etc

Now that I have left BT and joined Home  Phone ,will I still recieve the BT phone book and yellow pages or not ?Huh
12 REPLIES 12
James
Grafter

Re: Yellow pages etc

Hi there,
You should still continue to receive BTs Telephone Directory.
There's an option in the BT ordering system to allow this to continue to be sent.
MightyMouse
Grafter

Thanks for your quick reply.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I dont think Yellow pages belongs to BT, but why do we need it when the BT book has a Classified section?
Not applicable

Why do we need any of them? We have the computer and directory enquiries.
I get the BT Phone book, Yellow Pages and Thompson local - not one of them ever gets read.
Not against them as a resource for those that have a need or use for them, but should be much easier to opt out.
busybees
Dabbler

Quote from: Jameseh
Hi there,
You should still continue to receive BTs Telephone Directory.
There's an option in the BT ordering system to allow this to continue to be sent.

I would bee grateful if you could point me in the direction where I could find this "BT ordering system" .... I need a new phone book !
Bee good
busybees
pierre_pierre
Grafter

busybees
Dabbler

Many thanks 'pierre_pierre' for your input ...  Smiley
Ideal if you are sitting at your computer ... already switched on, when you wish to  find a number. But I would like the book for my area.
So whwere do I find this 'BT ordering system' to get a new directory ?
Bee good
busybees
Javert
Grafter

Quote from: James_H

Well that’s OK James, as long as you’re alright – and you don’t have a need for directories – why should you bother about lesser mortals who don’t have computers etc. and need directories.
So, according to your views, my 88-year-old neighbour (who, not surprisingly, doesn’t have a computer) can just call a Directory Enquiries service – and pay an exorbitant price for such a service – out of her meagre pension. 

pierre_pierre
Grafter

A) phone books arnt cheap
freephone 0800 833 400 mon - fri 8.30am to 5.00pm
or www.bt.com/shop/phonebook

this information is at the front of a recent phone book, page 9, a list of directories is on page 11
paulby
Grafter

I would be grateful if you could point me in the direction where I could find this "BT ordering system" .... I need a new phone book !

James was referring to the ordering system PlusNet use internally to set up your phone service.
You will continue to get both a White Pages and a Yellow Pages directory when they're issued - you don't need to do anything!
You'd only need to buy one from the BT Shop if you wanted a second copy or a book for a different area.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

@javert
Not against them as a resource for those that have a need or use for them, but should be much easier to opt out.

James_H asked why we (WE reading this forum!) need phone books when we have access to computers. He did not say that no one required them.
For those requiring directory enquiries there are a couple of free services supported by advertising.
0800 100 100
0800 118 3733 (0800 118 FREE)
Not applicable

Quote from: Javert

Well that’s OK James, as long as you’re alright – and you don’t have a need for directories – why should you bother about lesser mortals who don’t have computers etc. and need directories.
So, according to your views, my 88-year-old neighbour (who, not surprisingly, doesn’t have a computer) can just call a Directory Enquiries service – and pay an exorbitant price for such a service – out of her meagre pension. 

Nice that you read my whole post before jumping in.
If you do have the patience to read the whole post which you quoted part of, you'll note the following line: (I've emboldened it this time for fear you may miss the pertinant point which qualified the rest of the post.)

Don't see how me not getting a phone book would impact on your neighbour.
Care to clarify/expand on your theory?