cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong phone number

Stylin
Grafter

Wrong phone number

I have just joined plusnet. phone is set up and now waiting for broadband will take 4-5 days they say.

Problem is the phone number plusnet have sent me in email and text is different to what my phone number is.
i tested the phone and phoned myself.. its different number.
so im just wondering is this a problem or can i just leave it as it is ?

thanks
9 REPLIES 9
raoulsilva
Grafter

Re: Wrong phone number

hi,
i think BT provide Plusnet with a landline number (assuming you didn't have one prior to this?) at the time of order, so, if now you are up and running have a different number can only assume something happened between the time of order and commision. Have you given out the number provided already then?
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Best to get in touch with Support; you may have received the wrong information in which case we just need to give you the right number. However, if the line has been crossed during provisioning we may need to raise a fault.
Stylin
Grafter

I phoned plus net support. said my fault has been raised for further investigation and will get in touch with me in 72 hours. if they have to visit my premises it will cost me 60 quid, hope that don't happen.. i don't see why they would need to come to my house.. couldn't they just give me the correct number from headquarters ?
also said that it wont stop my internet going on in 5 days.
and on the broadband checker its been on First payment: We're taking a first payment of £15.98 for your account. since about 12 this afternoon i have money in my account.. whats taking it so long to be passed? been passed.
dick:quote
Stylin
Grafter

Another question
i have Talk Evenings & Weekends  whats the deal on that?
free calls to house phones in evenings and weekends?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The legal bit on the Plusnet home page explains evening & weekend calls as
[quote=http://www.plus.net/?home=hometop]
^ Phone
Evening & weekend calls: Means calls to UK landlines beginning with 01, 02, 03, 0845 and 0870 made Monday-Friday 19:00-07:00 and anytime Saturday or Sunday. Calls must be started and finished within these times to be inclusive (non-chargeable).
David
Stylin
Grafter

another question  Shocked sorry lol..
i have just paid £24:97 for plus net..

and now i noticed on the broadband order tracker the last part is "subscription payment"

so in a week time when broadband is active i will be paying 9:99£ ? il have to make sure money is in my direct debit on the 12th?
but then  in my account details it sais my next bill is on the 4th of  march..

im a bit confused about this. some staff member explain what i will be paying and when and how much..appreciated
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi stylin,
The first months fee is paid when you sign up, but that first month doesn't actually start counting until your account is activated. That means you won't pay your second month's fees until a month after your account activates and you first connect to us.
Hope that helps explain.
Stylin
Grafter

okay thanks Matt!
so no bills until the 4th of  march!!  Cool
i can spend some money now, instead worrying if that subscription payment was going out on the 12th feb. Grin
Stylin
Grafter

Ok the engineer came today and sorted it out! i now have the correct phone number.
thanks for the help guys.