cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why was I charged for an international call?

FIXED
isolarion72
Dabbler

Why was I charged for an international call?

Okay, this may seem like a small complaint, but could someone tell me why I've been charged £2.68 for a call to Canada despite the fact that I'm on the Anytime International package that's supposed to make these calls free? Is it because the call was about an hour and a half long? Is there a time limit on each call?

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Why was I charged for an international call?

Fix

Basically, yes.

From the Phone tariff:

Inclusive calls to international numbers become chargeable after 60 minutes

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

Just to confirm that there is a 1 hour limit on any inclusive calls to international numbers. If you want to talk longer than this I'd recommend hanging up before the 60 minutes then calling them back to avoid a charge. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
isolarion72
Dabbler

Thank you for your answers, that's helpful. But that information is well hidden away on the website isn't it? I would never have seen it. It should be clearly displayed under the terms for that account so people can know what they're getting into and how best to use it.

I like Plusnet and its service but I really don't think their website is up to scratch.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

While a Google search of "plusnet call charges" provides you the residential phone tariffs on page 1, if you search "call charges" from the Help and Support section visible on the front page of our website Here you get the answer* you're looking for without you needing to go any further. The About your phone service provides you with FAQs too.

Call Charges.PNG

*Having said this, it looks like the search option is incorrectly displaying the international call limit at 30 minute when it should be 60 minutes (I believe this changed relatively recently) so I'll get that flagged up with the right people to update accordingly.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@Gandalf wrote:

*Having said this, it looks like the search option is incorrectly displaying the international call limit at 30 minute when it should be 60 minutes (I believe this changed relatively recently) so I'll get that flagged up with the right people to update accordingly.

Not so recent! 

From thread dated 10-08-2017  https://community.plus.net/t5/Home-Phone/Anytime-International-300/td-p/1466179

@198kHz wrote:

don't forget that calls are a max of 30 mins before you have to redial to avoid charges, as opposed to the 60 mins for inclusive UK calls.

@HarryB wrote:

This actually changed around the time of the recent price increase Wink

300 Anytime minutes: (Anytime International 300) Means 300 inclusive minutes to USA mobiles, Canada mobiles and all landlines listed in our top 35 international destinations. Hang up and re-dial before 60 minutes and you won't be charged.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)