cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Plusnett Customer Service So useless. Continued Charging for Calls Despite Unlimited Package

DunroaminLeo
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Why is Plusnett Customer Service So useless. Continued Charging for Calls Despite Unlimited Package

2 Months ago I phoned to request going onto an Unlimited Anytime Package for calls and the next month was charged for ALL my calls so phoned to request a credit and ensure the package was added that I had asked for.   I subsequently received an email CONFIRMING I was on an Unlimited Package and they credited me for the calls charged.

Today I have received my new bill and AGAIN have been charged £19.31 for calls made despite me having an email confirming I am on an Unlimited Package!!!!    This was after the CS agent I spoke to transferring me through to a technician at the office to ensure the package was added immediately after the previous month's error.

I have now come to the conclusion that Plusnett CS is useless and i will be changing my supplier at the end of my contract!!   What do people have to do to get Customer Service that works I ask????

8 REPLIES 8
DunroaminLeo
Grafter

Re: Why is Plusnett Customer Service So useless. Continued Charging for Calls Despite Unlimited Pac

UPDATE:

I rang this morning and complained about my service.   Was promised a £19.31 refund within 3-5 days with confirmation by email today.

Was promised a £20 credit (to be confirmed by email) for any calls accidentally charged whilst the Unlimited Anytime Package was put back on at the end of the charging period (exactly the same as what I was told last time), although of course a NEW customer can get an Unlimited Anytime Package put on on any day in the month when they join!.   Was told she would put a note on the account to say no calls should be charged until the package was added back on but when I challenged her on the fact that invoices are computer generated and sent out automatically without any accounts person "referring to my account notes", that is when she offered the £20 credit against the accountto cover any calls made as I told I I am sick of ringing every month to request the credit when they have not done what I asked them to do.   I insisted everything was put into an email to confirm what she told me.    

I have received a standard email this morning which is the same one I received when I joined Plusnet which basically confirms nothing other than my phone number, in fact it is a joining letter !   More lies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     When my contract is up I will be terminating my service with Plusnet.  Their Customer Service do nothing but lie and lie and lie !!!!

Correction:   Within the last few minutes have received an email confirming the refund of £19.31.    Still waiting to hear anything about the £20 credit they are supposed to add to my account, or confirmation that they have added the Unlimited Anytime Package back to my account!

Further Correction:

Now received an email confirming that the refund of £19.31 has been made and also a credit of £20 has been added to my account.    It seems things are starting to move in the right direction.   Would be even more pleased if I had confirmation that my Unlimited Anytime Package had been added back on AS OF 2ND JANUARY 2021 !

DunroaminLeo
Grafter

Re: Why is Plusnett Customer Service So useless. Continued Charging for Calls Despite Unlimited Pac

FURTHER UPDATE:

No update to my account that the Unlimited Anytime Package has been added back on.   What's the best I will be receiving another bill at the end of January with all my calls being charged for !!   There is STILL no option to add the package to my account online too.     What is wrong with Plus Nett, the CEO must be deaf, dumb and blind not to notice the scores of complaints for this company.     I am so glad my contract is coming to an end !!  Went to Trust Pilot to see the reviews for Plus Nett and they are lucky to get 1 STAR !!    If I had checked before going with them I wouldn't have touched them with a barge pole.     

DunroaminLeo
Grafter

FURTHER UPDATE 10/1 -  

Made a call yesterday on what Plus Net told me was not added on, my Unlimited Anytime Package, was on 51 minutes, just checked my recent "unbilled calls"   £8.31 charge !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you have to do to get back on the Unlimited Anytime Package, DRAW BLOOD FROM THE CEO !!!     Atbsolutely atrocious service!!      3 months of useless promises from Plussnet.     Another couple of calls and that £20 credit they gave me will be exhausted !     

I am so glad I put that Trust Pilot Review on about the rubbish service Plusnet provides because they confirm it MONTH IN AND MONTH OUT !!

I will be cancelling as soon as I can get out of penalty charges and will be telling my friends, family and anyone who happens to be speaking to me that Plusnett is the worst internet/phone company in the country !    I will now be writing to the CEO as speaking to CS is a complete waste of my time and energy.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi there @ DunroaminLeo,

I appreciate your query and apologise for any difficulties you've had with your call plan, I appreciate you feel let down by the experience.

Please can you advise if you can see your call plan via your Member Centre login at all. if you can follow the 'offers and upgrades' link?

Thanks - LF

DunroaminLeo
Grafter

I did say further up in this thread that I cannot change my package online (I can see it but when I attempt to add on the  Unlimited Anytime Package it comes back to say "We cannot change your package at this time") I did confirm this to the Customer Service agent and they admitted that they have online software problems and I will not be able to change my package online.    This is why I am so furious because I have been given repeated promises that they would restore the Unlimited Anytime Package on the phone for 3 months and have continually charged me for calls for 3 months when I then  had to ring for recharges back to my bank account.  Then the agent had the audacity when I pointed out that surely this change to my package had to be carried out by a technician, to tell me it would work this time because she had "REFRESHED THE PAGE" she was writing on !!   She then told me I would not be charged next month for the calls because she had given instructions in the "Notes" on my account.   When I pointed out that invoices are generated automatically and NO ACCOUNTS person would be first looking at my notes to see if I had to be charged or not, she was left speechless.

How stupid do they think people are, they continually have told me lies and I will not tolerate being treated as a idiot customer in such a rubbish fashion !!   Sorry but 3 strikes and they are out, 3 months attempting to get this done and 3 times I have been lied to and ignored.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Thank you for confirming that for me, I appreciate your comments and apologise for the frustration.

As discussed on the phone, it sounds like this is probably an IT issue relating to the product and billing so I will get this escalated and will manage the situation until it is resolved or we have a way forward.

If you have any queries please do not hesitate to come back to me via the ticket.

Thanks - LF

DunroaminLeo
Grafter

Well 4 months later and this "IT" problem has still not been resolved and I am still being charged for calls I should not be paying for.    I have up until this month been credited for the past calls but this month I am owed £39 for calls I should not have been charged for and am still awaiting a response to the question I sent asking for a response to my request for a credit.   6 days ago it said the query had been sent back for a response and I still have not received any reply.      My contract is due to expire at the end of April and Plus Net have done nothing to change my mind about leaving this service.    They need to get their act together and from where I am standing they are woefully unable to do it!

DunroaminLeo
Grafter

Still no reply received, will have to post ANOTHER complaint on this forum so people can see what a useless service it really is!!      Plus Net owes me £32.51 in call charges and I won't rest until this money is refunded to me for a service I should have been getting !