cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't you transfer a phone contract efficiently

Peterxrm
Grafter

Why can't you transfer a phone contract efficiently

I am glad you have managed to obtain a Plusnet phone line. I have had nothing but grief from Plusnet and BT in trying to change over to them. One blames the other every time. I have been asking since March 3rd-BT told me it was 30 days notice which they accepted on March 11 to happen yesterday -it did not. Plusnet today now say they have not placed the order to to BT problem-BT say there is no problem Plusnet could have done it within 12 days of initial order.
So Mr Plusnet who is to blame? (don't forget BT say its not them.)
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Why can't you transfer a phone contract efficiently

Post split off to its own thread as it wasn't relevant where it was posted.
Title changed to reflect the actual problem and moved to Home Phone
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi Peterxrm,
Who is your telephone provider? BT?
I've just ran a couple of checks against your telephone number and it's showing that it isn't on the BT Network?
Peterxrm
Grafter

Hi, I am with BT on what is known as BTbasics. This I have just been told is the problem, you cannot remove this from the line, only BT can. They have to return me to pstn phone line, that's what they say. Then I can migrate to you.  BT have now removed basics from the line and I have informed your people who say now they can change me over. I am  waiting from you confirmation that the migration is proceeding. I hope you actually do notify me all is in order?
Peterxrm
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Peter,
May be your thread title now needs updating to add "... Because BT screwed it up for me!"
PN does have its self inflicted faults, but many of the issues raised on theses forums are 'visited' on them / are the making of the loosing provider.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Peterxrm,
Sorry for the issues you've encountered due to the BT Basic service. I can see that this is due to be removed from your line on the 24th. We will place another order to transfer your phone over to us after this date.
Peterxrm
Grafter

The latest is that on the 24 April BT will remove BTbasics from this line HOWEVER they will then, against my instructions, move me onto a 12 month contract!  I have told them I do not accept their terms -the response is-you stay on basics-back to the beginning.  They will not listen- you then contact them they keep saying we are trying to help you-whats the problem-and it all starts over again. I have even asked them what do I have to kiss to get away from them.
So Plusnet what happens now?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

This is really something that needs to be sorted out with BT. Unfortunately we don't have any say with how they handle or deal with their contracts.
My advice would be to contact BT to gain an understanding on why a 12 month contract is necessary and if need be, speak to a Team Leader/Manager if you're not getting the answer you're looking for.