cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who at Plusnet is up to this? ;-)

yfront
Grafter

Who at Plusnet is up to this? ;-)

This problem exists at the Weston-super-Mare telephone exchange.
Two of my referrals have been complaining for months, one in particular has spent time on the phone with Plusnet with no result, Plusnet want to send an openreach engineer fix a problem that we know is in the telephone exchange.
The problem is intermittent noisy one way transmission.
When I receive calls from these people they sometimes say "I've got that noisy channel again, I'll clear down and call straight back" when all will be OK.
This problem is also affecting non Plusnet customers in the town.
The problem would appear to be a faulty channel in a 2 meg pipe at the telephone exchange, info. gleaned from a recently retired BT transmission man, in fact his daughter, non Plusnet customer also has the problem.
If anyone at Plusnet wishes to take an interest PM me for telephone numbers affected.
Have a good day.
Fred
5 REPLIES 5
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Who at Plusnet is up to this? ;-)

Hello there. I'm sorry that your referrals are experiencing problems with their line. I would recommend that they test their line by clicking on the following link
https://portal.plus.net/my-account/tools/phone-troubleshooter/
If a fault is found, the system will raise it straight to Openreach. However, if there is no fault found through automated testing then in order to progress the fault with our suppliers they would require us to manually book an engineer visit to investigate further. However, if there is no fault found I would recommend first ruling out an internal wiring fault, this can be done quite easily by plugging the phone in the test socket (found by unscrewing the faceplate of the master socket).
I hope this helps.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
yfront
Grafter

Well, I'm lost for words!
Fred
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

I'm astonished too, Fred.
You have presented prima facie evidence of a fault in the digital network, and Plusnet's response is pathetic beyond words.
Hope it gets sorted soon.
4C (ex BT Transmission)
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'll stand by Anoush's advice as it's not actually our place to instruct our suppliers what to do.
They have processes in place to identify "common faults" where similar issues are reported at the same exchange, however this requires each customer to report the fault individually first.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
yfront
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_

They have processes in place to identify "common faults" where similar issues are reported at the same exchange, however this requires each customer to report the fault individually first.

Well their processes aren't working then, I know people that have reported this over a period of months.
The delay in getting answered by call centres means many more may have given up before reporting.
Just what do you think an openreach engineer would do even if he was lucky enough to reproduce the fault?
This problem will never reach the threshold for action without someone poking a stick somewhere.
Plusnet - The ball is in your court.
Fred