cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will my phone be connected?

sylviesinc
Dabbler

Re: When will my phone be connected?

I specifically asked before I signed up whether there would be any "down time" and someone from Plusnet told me that there would not. All of these dates mean nothing to me as I'm not controlling this. All I really needed to know was whether my phone and internet would be interrupted. The confusion arose when the Post Office said that the transfer would take place on 27th and Plusnet said 30th. It seems now that it will happen whenever Plusnet initiate it, presumably 30th. This is the first time I've ever changed ISP (though I've changed landline provider without hassle) so I've no idea how it happens. I just hope it all goes smoothly!
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Hi, I suspect everything's going to be fine for the 30th. Perhaps if I try to explain the process (  as I understand it! ) it may help.
Plusnet provide the phone service via BT wholesale. When they request a transfer of an existing line they suggest a transfer date ( usually 14 days ) hence the 27th.  BTw contact the old supplier, either directly ( or via BT Open reach ) to inform them of the transfer, hence the PO got that date. Once the PO accept the transfer then BT Openreach ( who actually do the work ) schedule the actual transfer. It's likely that this is when the date changed to the 30th. In reality nothing actually transfers until BT Openreach do the transfer so the PO manager was almost right, except that it was BTw that informed them not Plusnet.
Hope that helps explain, complicated isn't it Smiley

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

sylviesinc
Dabbler

Thank you MisterW, that certainly does clarify matters. This forum has been very helpful I'm glad to say and I feel a lot happier!  Smiley