cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will my phone be connected?

sylviesinc
Dabbler

When will my phone be connected?

OK, I am posting here in desperation. I have tried phoning (long queues) tried online chat(53 ahead of me then a note to say chat not available) tried tweeting (no answer yet) tried Facebook (they said they'd reply to my tweet soon) and I can't think of any other method of contacting Plusnet!
I am changing from the Post Office (phone) and Talktalk (standard broadband) and have taken a package of phone plus fibre broadband. Plusnet state the changeover will be 30/11/15 (though I have had no notice of the engineer visit nor a router) but the Post Office say it will happen on 27/11/15...three days away...I am in panic mode as I don't want to be left without landline and/or internet...HELP!
17 REPLIES 17
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: When will my phone be connected?

I'm just checking this for you.
[EDIT]
Both services are due to transfer over the 30th. You shouldn't be cut off.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
sylviesinc
Dabbler

Thank you for your speedy reply. Will the engineer be coming on 30th as well as we don't have fibre at the moment so he needs to connect it as I understand.....and I'm assuming that the router will be dispatched in time?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Your fibre order is a self install so the engineer doesn't need to visit the property.
You should have the router in the next couple of days.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 383

Both services are due to transfer over the 30th.

but the Post Office say it will happen on 27/11/15.

@sylviesinc, I would suggest you contact the PO and ask where they got their date from ? and check that they now have the correct date

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

sylviesinc
Dabbler

What does "self install" mean? We don't have fibre at the moment.....doesn't someone have to do something to the wires?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It means the engineer will do the work at the cabinet so you only have to plug the router in once they're done.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
sylviesinc
Dabbler

Matthew...I cannot thank you enough! You are the only one who has taken the time and trouble to explain! Thank you again.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem Smiley
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
sylviesinc
Dabbler

Thanks also MisterW...I have taken your advice!
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 383

...and do they now have the correct date ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

sylviesinc
Dabbler

Well I couldn't get through to them on the phone so I have emailed them.....will try again tomorrow if no reply.
sylviesinc
Dabbler

Well.......no wonder people are afraid to move services!!!!! After speaking to someone in the Post Office cancellation department, it would appear that the only way I can amend the cancellation date is to stay with them! They insist that Plusnet told them that my landline would transfer on 27th and that I have to take it up with Plusnet!! In fact the man I spoke to was quite unconcerned when I told him that my husband is seriously ill and I didn't want to be without the phone over the weekend. He then said it was due to be transferred on 28th...yet another date! I suppose we will just have to be resigned to being without landline and internet for two days.  Cry

I have just sent PO another email of complaint as recommended by their social media team!
sylviesinc
Dabbler

Further info in case anyone is interested! A manager from The Post Office phoned me today and advised that the notification of the transfer date came automatically from Plusnet and in order to amend it they would have to cancel the Plusnet order, which I obviously told then NOT to do. In any case, he explained that it's all automatic and the phone will go off only when Plusnet begin the transfer....so, if 30th IS the correct date, the phone should not go off until then? Tomorrow will be an interesting day...maybe!
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The request date was originally the 27th as you signed up on the 13th.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team