Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would you prefer for free?

quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: What would you prefer for free?

I think 1571 is a complete waste of time. I hardly ever (if ever at all) have had a call returned from a voicemail left on it.
Nearly every phone has a free and much-easier-to-use ansaphone built-in already so what advantage is 1571?
Of course 1571 isn't really a moneyspinner for PN because they get the same revenue if a caller leaves a message on a built-in ansaphone, but because so many people would prefer Caller ID it's a better one to charge for..
Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Obviously don't listen to customers then.
Anotherone
Champion

One of those links in my last post suggests the cloth may have been removed from some ears!
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

id like my all my home bills paid for, for the next 5 years please!
HairyMcbiker
All Star

OK well I guess that shows pretty much what people would prefer for free Plus Net.
FORTY TWO to ONE in favor of Caller ID.  Smiley
I think it is about time this was offered.
Anotherone
Champion

And I thought you were going to post that you wanted a free working router when I saw you'd posted here  Wink
But yes, the votes are overwhelming.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi all,
I've put this thread in for inclusion in our weekly email round the business of popular issues so it'll definitely get passed in front of the right eyes. As ever though we can't make any promises beyond that I'm afraid.
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Quote from: Hairy
OK well I guess that shows pretty much what people would prefer for free Plus Net.
FORTY TWO to ONE in favor of Caller ID.  Smiley
I think it is about time this was offered.

Not forgetting id like all my home bills paid for 5 years, please make sure the man at the top of plusnet gets to see this! I want his wealth too!
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: Matt
Hi all,
I've put this thread in for inclusion in our weekly email round the business of popular issues so it'll definitely get passed in front of the right eyes.

Thank you sincerely for that.
As ever though we can't make any promises beyond that I'm afraid.

At least it's a start.
I've held off renewing my LRS specifically because of this one thing (want to keep my options open, though would prefer to remain with Plusnet everything else being equal - like availability of caller display at no additional cost).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Quote from: w23

I've held off renewing my LRS specifically because of this one thing (want to keep my options open, though would prefer to remain with Plusnet everything else being equal - like availability of caller display at no additional cost).

I take it you mean you are prepared to pay more in "line rental" than "line rental + caller display" to Plusnet to get free caller display.
If not, after 18 November change to BT as it's cheaper with caller display (but only weekend calls free). You can change back after 5 January and get caller display "at no additional cost", even after paying for it  Grin
Phil
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.