cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What on earth is going on now?

torbayguy
Grafter

What on earth is going on now?

My billing date is the 10th of the month.
My second bill is due on the 10th May, and my first invoice was paid in full a month ago.
Last week for some unexplained reason I was billed for my call charges, which was £15.25, that was collected by direct debit, but still hasent been added to my account.
Today I received another bill for my call charges, which is around £7, to be collected by direct debit, again with no explanation.
I have just checked the account status on this website to be informed that I have no landline at all!
Just when I thought I had got past all of the silly problems that Plusnet threw at me, another rears its ugly head.
Plusnet, can you get ANYTHING right?
7 REPLIES 7
torbayguy
Grafter

Re: What on earth is going on now?

I have just phoned Plusnets Durban branch, oh what joy!
Apparantly my phoneline has been cancelled, for an unknown reason, even though I can still make calls.
I have been charged today because it is my billing day, apparantly.. and when I had explained my billing day is the 10th, he said it must be a system error and not to worry.
I was also charged for my calls last week, apparantly, because I am a new customer...
Erm, what difference does that make?
I asked for an explanation, and was told the chap couldnt find my billing information, so couldnt explain it!
I told him I have now cancelled my direct debit, and will telephone plusnet on the 10th to my bill via debit card.
He said I risked being cut off.
Plusnet, if you cut me off, I will go straight to ofcom and report your cowboy firm.
I am getting so pee'd off with Plusnet now, how difficult is it to bill somebody on the correct day?
And how can they just decide I am not a phone customer, yet they can send me a bill for phone usage?

torbayguy
Grafter

Here is the ticket from customer 'service'
***Internal***
Customer called in to query his bill as he is unable to view his itemize bill as the phone components have not been added.
Please can you add the phone components and update the customer.
Kind regards,
[removed]

Obviously didnt listen to a word I said!!
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim): CSA name removed as per the forum rules.Name added to reported post for staff viewing]
torbayguy
Grafter

I can now access my phone account, BUT it is on the evening and weekend tarrif, and not the anytime tarrif it should be on.
There is also still a pending invoive that should not be there, and will not be paid, as I have instructed my bank to cancel the DD.
What is wrong with Plusnet?
What a shambles.
With regards to forum rules, when Plusnet play by the rules, then so will I.
TUT TUT I have really had enough with this company.
What a disgrace.
torbayguy
Grafter

Following on from the ticket raised by the csc containing incorrect information, here is a copy/paste of the reply...
The customer was mailed the following message to address(es)
Subject: Your Home Phone service is ready

Dear Mr E
Account username: **********
Your new Plusnet Home Phone service is now ready, so you can start making and taking calls.

Your account details
--------------------
Home Phone product: Talk Evenings & Weekends
Phone number: 018035*****
Credit balance: £55.00

Well considering I have been connected to Plusnet for weeks now, its good of them to inform me, wouldnt you say?
Mind you, they still havent put me onto the correct tarrif, or cancelled the pending invoice!!

torbayguy
Grafter

I will tell you what Plusnet, seeing as it doesnt matter how many times I phone, or how slowly I speak, you still dont seem able to run my account right, so, I wont be paying my bill until my account is put right.
If you disconnect me, I will change providers, and put in a complaint to Ofcom, and whats more, I will not pay any outstanding balance, you can fight for it in court.
That is my final say on the matter.
I am sick to the back teeth of the disgusting treatment I have received since originally signing up.
I came close to leaving once already, but after personal promises from Adam Walker, I stayed put.
Now, I have already received 2 invoices for call charges this month, even though they arent due until the 10th of the month, my phone is on the wrong tariff, and my broadband is running to slow, currently plusnet have the dsl speed set to 14579, and the bt profile is 1200, however my line is capable of much more speed.
Im not interested in being told there are problems with the billing system, or that speed issues are because of BT, and I dont want to have to deal with foreignors that dont understand a word I say.
At the end of the day, I am a paying customer.
These problems are Plusnets problems, and not mine, and I dont want to hear about them.
What I do want is the service Plusnet agree to provide me.
So get your heads out of the sand, and put my account right, once and for all.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Torbayguy,
It looks like this was explained on ticket 33147631 back on the 30th April - your change to Anytime is scheduled for the 10th, but as the evenings and weekends component was added on the 2nd that is why the bill for calls has come through - again, as advised on the ticket.
The change to anytime will still go ahead on the 10th and once that's done you'll be billed for all services and calls on that date, this bill for call charges is the last one that will happen out of sync with the regular billing date.
torbayguy
Grafter

I dont have time for all of these petty squables.

Tell you what, Im going to sign up for o2 phone and broadband.
Plusnet is the pitts.