cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the maximum time that a pensioner should be without a working telephone?

Minusnet1
Dabbler

What is the maximum time that a pensioner should be without a working telephone?

The subject says it all.
So far 27 hours .... 24 hours since the call was raised and attracted the response  "Awaiting Support Team Answer"
Not even a "passed to engineer" ...  that no doubt has still to come ...

Subsidiary question ...
How long between a customer extolling the virtues of his supplier and actively looking to move to another?

15 REPLIES 15
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: What is the maximum time that a pensioner should be without a working telephone?

Whilst I understand your frustration at not having a working phone line, please try to keep your posts to 1 thread as posting across multiple threads makes it difficult to keep on top of what's happening and causes us more to do hence delaying any replies to yourself and other customers.
Also you might want to change your display name before you fall foul of this: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,218.0.html#post_derogatory
I'll get someone to look at your fault ticket shortly.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: What is the maximum time that a pensioner should be without a working telephone?

The answer is presumably "as long as anyone else in the same situation".  Wink
Unless they are on some sort of "at risk" or "vulnerable" register.
My very old, frail and vulnerable father-in-law is registered with all the main service suppliers in that way as he lives "home alone".
In addition we have left PAYG mobile handsets in strategic positions, permanently switched on and on charge as a backup. And of course there are appropriate contact arrangements with neighbours.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

We need to get an engineer out to check over this, the first available slot is Thursday 3rd October, 8am-1pm. Is that any good for you?
Minusnet1
Dabbler

Apologies for the name ... I will change it as soon as someone provides the correct link .. that sent by "OldJim" gave me a server not recognised message.
As a matter of principle I find it is handy to provide a (correct) link to the page you want someone to action.. rather than a link to a large generalised store of information.
Have I missed something?
One of the reasons I have been a stauncn Plusnet supporter in the past, was the quality of it's helpdesk.
One raised a call .. via email ... so you didn;t have to spend hours on a phone .. tapping this and that and explaining the symptoms over and over until one happened upon a competent individual.
The call was acknowledged immediately, and someone looked at the problem .. and posted a  sensible reply .. detailing what needed to happen next.
Do I understand now that since the BT takeover .... one raises the call... gets the response .. awaiting support team response... then one is expected to discuss it in the Forum until someone is sufficiently picqued to take an interest?
This does not sound like a sensible strategy.

But if you wish to pursue this in a punblic forum then so be it.

I am glad to hear that you have decided an engineer is required .. that was where I was at yesterday at 11am ....
Is Thursday OK ...
Yes ... we may be in....  does the engineer require access ?
This will be 3 days without a phone service, do you regard this as an acceptable level of service?

Please can you provide a MAC key

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

The PM gives the correct link - clicking from the email won't work
Long way round
Click on profile at the top of this forum
Then account related settings on the left
Click on that and you can change the display name
Minusnet1
Dabbler

I see that the rules of the forum are being changed due to the actions of spammers and "bumping"
Could I suggest that this shows an increased dissatisfaction with the way support is working.
The ONLY reason I am here on the Forum is that the normal flow of information regarding a specific fault is not happening on the call ...
This information flow was the reason I came back to PLUSNET.
One could track one's call and the actions being taken.
I now appear to be in a situation where I have a call ..... as I have no phone service..
and the helpdesk is saying "awaiting support team action"  as it has done since the call was raised.

Meanwhile on this Forum .. I find that someone has actually looked at it, decided an engineer is required .. as even scheduled one ...

If this was on the call then you would not have this irate customer (I take great exception at being labelled a spammer) banging on... in fact you may have a customer patiently awaiting the engineer.. rather than one determined to move to a supplier with a helpdesk which does what it says on the tin.. and doesn't rely on mob rule and cyber-bullying to set it's priorities.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Minusnet1
I see that the rules of the forum are being changed due to the actions of spammers and "bumping"

What are you on about? If you look at the bottom of the rules post it says " Last Edit: Fri 06-09-2013, 09:21:00 by Oldjim"
Edit: For independent confirmation of that I suggest you go to http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,218.0.html to see when the rule(s) you think are being changed were actually last changed.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Minusnet1
Dabbler

Sorry "oldjim"   what is PM ....
why doesn't the link in the email work?
Why send a link which doesn't work ?  What is the point?
have you ever tried to follow instructions provided in this way ?   I am on a page reading
"Click on profile at the top of this forum
Click on that and you can change the display name"
I do as requested and click on the profile at the top of the forum ... can I still see the instructions ?...
This is supposed to to simple....
I trust that the tone of this response gives some indication of the irritation I am feeling ... not so much because of the fault .. which is iorritating enough in itself.. but far more that the process which is being followed is so poor.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The email is just a representation of how the post appears on the screen where long URLs are shortened with ... replacing some of the text in the middle.
PM is a Private Message (accessed from MY MESSAGES).
You should be able to right click PROFILE and open it in a new window or tab.
Edit: I see you've succeeded! Smiley
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: SousSeine

have you ever tried to follow instructions provided in this way ?   I am on a page reading
"Click on profile at the top of this forum
Click on that and you can change the display name"
I do as requested and click on the profile at the top of the forum ... can I still see the instructions ?...

Well I just checked those instructions were correct (they are) and managed to remember the 3 relatively simple steps.
Alternatively, write them down or just open another tab in your browser then you can see both instructions and effect.  Wink
Useful tip: In most browsers you can "right mouse click" on a link (e.g. Profile above) and choose to open it in a new tab or new window - quite handy at times.  Cool
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Yes ... we may be in....  does the engineer require access ?
This will be 3 days without a phone service, do you regard this as an acceptable level of service?

The engineer has been booked for Thursday am. He may require access to the premises, however that depends on whether he can find a fault elsewhere along the line. Sorry it's 2 days away, however that's the earliest Openreach engineer available in your area for a fault.
Please can you provide a MAC key

We don't accept MAC requests via forum. You'd need to either call us (I know you have a fault at the moment) or write a letter as you've been advised in a different thread.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Minusnet1
Dabbler

Thank you for all the helpful hints and comments ....
Interesting that remembering list, and / or writing them down ... are still regarded as the way forward ..
Makes you wonder why we buy computers ... Smiley

To return to the original question ....
how long m....... without a phone ?
Do you think that "at least 3 days" is a reasonable response?
Im understand the difficulty in having to frontend to iarte customers when the guys who can do the work are external to your organisation... I suspect that it is these same guys who have caused the problem in the first place ...
BUT

I see the help assistant is still saying "Our Support Team will respond to your question soon"

One is tempted to ask whether there are any measures of how long Plusnet staff spend on the Foirum.... rather than the Help Assistant...
And whether this ratio is increasing or decreasing

Please email me with the MAC key instructions ....
I have other things to do

pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

To answer the question raised in the title, it seems that 7 days is the target
http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212
Services for Disabled and Elderly customers are shown here:
http://www.plus.net/support/service/code_of_practice.shtml#elderlyAndDisabled
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

All the information regarding requesting a MAC code can be found on our website.
Here is the link for you: http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/using/request_mac_key.shtml
We have dedicated Faults Teams who deal with Broadband and Telephone Faults. The Faults Team aim to get back in touch within 48-72 hours - this is within the Service Level Agreement which is agreed to when you sign up with us.
If there is anything further we can do to help, please do let us know.