cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Does It Take to Get a Someone To Come Up With An Answer To A Problem

amwilson

What Does It Take to Get a Someone To Come Up With An Answer To A Problem

I discovered after a few days, that my phone didn't work. I could access the internet so never suspected anything wrong with the phone line. When I did I report it, as usual I had to run through the standard tests. I knew the internet was working so that would appear to be fine and when I plugged the phone into the test socket of the master BT box, the phone worked OK - but the internet didn't. I again got a standard reply of how much I would be liable to pay if the fault was mine. Lots of rules and regulations given, even an option for days which would suit an engineer to call. 

I have since discovered that a whole area of where I live is without a phone, including those with businesses and care alarms. When I reported the problem, I was told the line was working OK, it must have been, I could use the internet - but what about the phone as well? I can only have one or the other. Neighbours who have had they phone repaired already say they were told it was old wiring.  All I know is the internet is working, so is the phone, just not together. I think I deserve a better answer than to be sent a list of charges of what I would be liable to pay if the problem was mine.

When I check the service status, it comes up with no problems, Plusnet's check say there is nothing wrong with the line, so why are so many people in the one area without a phone and Plusnet not know. The ones I've spoken to have complained to their service provider and only one has got their's fixed so far.

What is the use of advertising and boasting of being the best service, when it's not and since BT took over Plusnet, the friendly customer service that once was has gone.  It's almost two weeks since my line became a single use line so how can I get the problem resolved.

1 REPLY 1
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: What Does It Take to Get a Someone To Come Up With An Answer To A Problem

When I did I report it, as usual I had to run through the standard tests. I knew the internet was working so that would appear to be fine and when I plugged the phone into the test socket of the master BT box, the phone worked OK

That doesn't sound like the same issue that your neighbours are reporting from your post.

I can see you had a broadband fault, which appears resolved and there is a phone fault open at the moment with Openreach. I hope this gets sorted asap for you.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.