cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weeks without phone

ad1mcb
Dabbler

Weeks without phone

I have now had no access  to a home phone since 11th Jun.There is no dial tone.I am using the test socket,I have used my phone elsewhere so that is not the problem.
PN response 19th Jun:   
Test Result: Fail - Fault located between DP and customer apparatus (no appointment required)
Description: FAULT - Dis In Network
PN told me that fault should be rectified by 17:00 on Fri 22/06/12.
PN informed me that they will now need access to my property.Arranged for Fri 29/06/12 between 1-6pm.Took afternoon off work. No show-not even a call to explain why.E-mailed PN at 6pm last night.No reponse.
What a terrible service!  I have had to continually chase PN.
I have had a phone in various guises for over 40 yrs and  have NEVER experienced a service like this.Atrocious!
9 REPLIES 9
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Weeks without phone

The failure is most likely to be OpenReach's fault, they are notoriously bad at not letting End Users know when they can't make it, never mind the Service provider. You might be affected by http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1340982918.htm which will be their get out clause! Plusnet will likely be between a rock and a hard place.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@ad1mcb
I thought I'd take a quick look at your account. I can see this was resolved over the weekend.
I trust all is well now but do let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ad1mcb
Dabbler

Problem has NOT been solved-no tone.Back to square one.
dick:quote
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry to hear that. I've reraised the fault for you and have updated the ticket, we'll let you know as soon as we hear anything further.
computing50yrs
Grafter

I lost my telephone service for a week although I still had broadband, Open reach eventually found that 1 wire of the pair had become disconnected in the below ground box some distance from my premises - comment from the engineer that broadband will still work over 1 wire
james26
Grafter

You not doing too bad then 19th of june my friend has been without one since end of may!
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,105375.0.html
x47c
Grafter

Quote from: computing50yrs
I lost my telephone service for a week although I still had broadband, Open reach eventually found that 1 wire of the pair had become disconnected in the below ground box some distance from my premises - comment from the engineer that broadband will still work over 1 wire

Correct, it will; though not very well and with a very poor sync speed.
ad1mcb
Dabbler

BT can't do anything until 9th July! Someone in Govt needs to hits them over the head very hard.This privatised monopoly is a licence to print money as people have nowhere else to go! I will have had no access to a home phone for a month (at least)-incredible.No doubt it will take me another month before I can sort my broadband out!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm sorry that we're unable to prompt for anything sooner, please give me a shout if there's been no further movement on Monday and I'll intervene.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team