cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We can confirm that your order for Home Phone has now been cancelled.

George83

We can confirm that your order for Home Phone has now been cancelled.

Hi, I just received an email from Plusnet, saying 'We can confirm that your order for Home Phone has now been cancelled'. I don't know why. I have received the router/hub in the post and I was told the fibre broadband was going live around the 1st September. I got this for my Mum, who lives in a retirement flat, she had been spending loads of money for years with Three. Now that has been cancelled, I set up a proper internet (Plusnet) for her, so she could relax and not worry about running out of internet or being overcharged, and in the meantime we have been buying BT-Wifi. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: We can confirm that your order for Home Phone has now been cancelled.

Thanks for your time on the phone @George83 I'm sorry for the issue with your order. As discussed the existing provider of the phone line cancelled our order to transfer the line to us and activate our services.

I'd recommend plugging a phone into the telephone socket and dialling 17070. This should read back the current number. If you can reply to this ticket Here or call me back with that I can check that we're taking over the correct line.

I'll call you back either way on Monday to check in with you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
George83

Hi, thanks. Mum moved into the flat years ago (2014), she's never had a phone line set up, so did I check the wrong box by saying takeover the existing phone line? I presumed that there was a phone line here (I've also never set up broadband internet, so wasn't sure). I've tried plugging an old phone into phone socket, but it's a mobile home phone, and I think maybe the batteries have corroded in the handset. Thanks.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @George83 

No problem, you did the right thing as there's a working line showing at your mum's address on Openreach's systems. As the existing provider of the line has cancelled our order I'd just like to check that there is in fact an active line at her address, or if that line is physically elsewhere, incorrectly registered at her address in the database.

I'm happy to re-place the transfer order and hopefully it'll go through fine, but if it's cancelled again we may need to look at installing a new line which means we'd need to arrange an engineer visit.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
George83

Hi, sorry for the late reply, I suppose it is worth trying again? Thanks.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem, I've replaced the order now and I'll check back on Tuesday.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet