Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting on update on fault

FIXED
mcintoshuk
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Waiting on update on fault

Phone and broadband out for over 24 hours now after council roadworks ripped up the line but little feedback from PN on the ticket (193081715). I don't even know if this has been passed on to OpenReach yet, and I fully expect they're going to need to replace a section of cable. The damaged section is a feed to box that supplies one side of our street, not just my house, so a number of properties are affected.

5 REPLIES 5
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: Waiting on update on fault

Fix

Hi @mcintoshuk,

The fault was raised up to us yesterday. Phone faults has a 48 hours estimated response time (in this case 15th), checking the fault it looks as though it's been assigned to an engineer at about half 10 this morning so we should hopefully have something back this afternoon. 

Looking at the picture you've provided I imagine that engineer will raise it as a common fault and raise an incident to get that cable fixed - it's unlikely the engineer will actually be able to do it there and then, but we'll see once they've come back with notes/recomendations. 

mcintoshuk
Rising Star

Thanks. OpenReach van appeared a little while ago so presumably they've now inspected the damage. My concern now is that the council workmen appear to be intent on burying the damaged section under new tarmac just so they can say they finished their job (they're running a week late on a job that was supposed to take less than five weeks). It looks like a 16-pair cable that runs between two pavement boxes, so I'd guess that implies that a dozen or more houses will be affected and hopefully OR will give that some priority.

mcintoshuk
Rising Star

Line has now been restored Smiley. Two engineers were working or repairing the cable when I left home just after lunch time and line seems to have become operational shortly after.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

That's great to see, 

Thanks a lot for letting us know.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Morning @mcintoshuk,

I've just seen your update on the ticket about your connection being back online. I've tested the services and they're all looking good too and are stable. The engineer notes that the cable has been reterminated, to ensure everything remains okay please monitor the connection over the coming days and let us know if you have any issues.