cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting 1 month for line repair!

knnc

Waiting 1 month for line repair!

I have now been without any phone service for over a month. I first reported the fault on the 19th Oct, it was'nt till the 24th I was told my line needed duct repair? I have had several dates for the repair to take place but they have all come and gone, My next update for repair is the 26th Nov
Has anybody else had to wait this length of time for a fault to be repaired?
16 REPLIES 16
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Waiting 1 month for line repair!

I'm really sorry to hear that this is taking such a while to get resolved.
Having looked over the notes for this fault I can see that a number of review dates have been given by our suppliers, that tends to imply that a lot of work and planning has been required to fix the fault.
I can see that some difficulties have been encountered during the excavation work needed to lay some cable ducting, from the notes I can see that part of the ducting has indeed collapsed which has set things back.
Whilst we are very sorry that the fault itself is taking while to resolve I hope this makes the reason a little clearer.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
knnc

Thank you, I am fully aware and quite clear of the reasons given. Has you will see from my notes they planned several dates for the duct repair work to be completed. The first been 27th Oct when in fact it was never started. They did not start to dig until the 15th Nov, even though they were aware of the cause (duct repair)  from the 24th Oct.

So although I they have had difficulties since starting the dig on the 15th this does not account for the 3 week delay starting the duct repair.
My reasons for this post is to ask other customers if they have had to wait this length of time a repair. To learn from other customers of there experiences and to ask am I been unreasonable with my complaints to Plus net?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi knnc,
Different faults will have different resolution times, dependent on what work is required and how quickly this work can be carried out.
I appreciate your frustration with the length of time this is taking, we are pressing on the matter to get it resolved ASAP, and continue to monitor it daily.
The initial marking out to resolve this was done wrong which has delayed the progress and now asbestos has been detected it was delayed further.
We will keep you updated on the progress.
If you need anything else answering or chasing up please let me know.
kelti5

Hi knnc
It appears they don't want us talking about this.  I too have been without home phone since 20th OCT (probably more cause we we on holiday the week previous)  I live North East England and had Broad band (down the same telephone line?????)  until yesterday but that's now gone, maybe because I asked for my 'MAC' number on Saturday  (trying to change provider).
I am really angry I have been fed numerous excuses and when I pointed out implausablility it has been ignored.  I am using a dongle at present, really angry and upset at plusnet, they'll probably charge me for leaving as I moved house 11 months ago.
knnc

Hi thanks for your reply kelti5
I still have broadband although very slow (I know, strange??) I live in west yorkshire so don't know if same fault, but I do know i am very annoyed with plus net. They still have not activated voice mail extra from the 15th Nov even though plusnet know my current  voice mail box say's it's full and I have no way to retreive messages. It's just excuses all the time.
I only moved home July this year when I first became a plusnet customer. Swiched from talktalk as they would'nt let me keep my phone no and plusnet would. So unfortunatly I am still in a 24 month contract with plusnet but as soon as able I will be straight back to talk talk. Altough I will be seeking legal advice to see if I can withdraw earlier.
I am now in the process of complaining to CISAS as I have had no joy complaining onlinr to plusnet.
I'll keep you posted of anything further & hopfully you will do the same! Thanks again.

I reply to chrispurvey .... Road marking mistake 12th Nov delayed two days (carried out 15th) does not account for delay of work which was booked to be repaired on the 27th Oct have you read my notes?
denwyn
Rising Star

Oh dear this is worrying, i have just set in motion switching our phone to plusnet and its exactley this sort of problem that has made me reluctant to move from BT,cant stop the move now as the broadband is already running and we have paid up front for the line rental for the phone. Lets hope your problem is sorted soon. I hope i have not mad a mistake in moving away from BT
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@denwyn
Feel free to drop myself or one of my colleagues a private message if you encounter any problems whilst switching over
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
James
Grafter

@knnc
I'm really sorry to hear about your ongoing fault.  A member of my team is monitoring progress and we are hoping for some good news soon.
It's worth noting that CISAS cannot get your fault fixed any sooner - they are merely there to handle any compensation claims where you have been unable to reach an amicable settlement with ourselves.
knnc

Yes I know and it also monitors complaints and collects data of customers who are dissatisfied with the service for future reference which is my reason for contacting them. Plus net has not even set up a simple service such as voicemail extra! so yes I am completely dissatisfied with Plus nets dalliance. Over 6 weeks with no phone line and limited slow broadband and almost 2 weeks and still no voicemail extra as promised.
James
Grafter

It doesn't though - I think that you are confusing CISAS with Ofcom.  Ofcom do monitor complaints and collect data, but CISAS don't. They are just there to handle claims with their team of solicitors.
I'll ask Martha to chase up your phone issue and update you later on today.
knnc

Thank you I have just recieved £150 compensation, so to all thoughs unhappy customers COMPLAIN!!!
Antmckeown
Dabbler

Going through this forum it's clear that I've made a catastrophic mistake by choosing PlusNet as my broadband provider. Gutted. I'm still waiting for a phone line. Let along broadband. Ugh.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Antmckeown, I've replied to one of your other posts.
lenham343

Hi knnc, responding to your original question, unfortunately yes. 
My line went down in late March, and it took Openreach 2 months to get voice working, after they'd missed several promised dates.  Admittedly they did need to sort out a road closure, but there were lots of mixed messages about whether or not they (OR/contractor) had actually got round to asking for a permit from the Council.
Subsequently, crackly noise on the line, broadband stuck on v slow needing a reset, 2 engineer visits, replacement of the BT socket.  Just when the line was looking ok, a burst of dropouts this afternoon.