cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WLR + CPS

vetterlein
Grafter

WLR + CPS

I assume the PuslNet service is a another WLR+CPS bundle ?
PlusNet Rent the line from BT WholeSale
Plusnet the rent the line back to me, but sine they are the (BT Wholesale) customer NOT me, they get to do a few things:
1: All line support calls (serviced by BT) must come in from PN
  ... so if the fault is caused by BT (e.g. they pulled out the wrong plug)
  BT may/may-not charge PN ... but how do I ensure PN don't charge me?
2: Blocking of 'alternate carrier select' ... NP can choose this option ... do they? ... will they in the future ... e.g. could I use  www.call18866.co.uk/ or similar?
3: services e.g. caller ID ... BT will bundle this for free (T&C apply) NP get to buy it wholesale ... do they pass it on (wholesale) ... bundle it for free?
2 REPLIES 2
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: WLR + CPS

1.) That's only the same as with BT Retail.
2.) PlusNet do not block any of these types of calls
3.) PlusNet charge for Caller ID and the like.  I think it is close to or the same as the wholesale price.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mand
Grafter

Re: WLR + CPS

Hi there,
You're right in assuming that we purchase the WLR product.
1) This works exactly the same as BT, and we only send out BT Openreach engineers if we are confident that the problem is down to the line itself.
2) We don't block any CPS services, but by the same token we don't support them so if you had any problems you would need to refer to the 3rd party provider.
3) We do not get these features for free, so we do issue a cost for these services. In the vast majority of cases the savings you can make will more than offset the small charge for these.
I hope that helps. Smiley