cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WARNING - Do not use the online form when moving house

doakdom

WARNING - Do not use the online form when moving house

Apologies, this is a long post, but thought I would tell my story:
Thought I would warn people of my experience with PlusNet customer service when moving house. I used the online form to notify PlusNet I was moving back on the August 8th as soon as I exchanged contracts. I got no response to ticket raised until August 13th, at which point I was asked to provide all the detail which I had already given in the online form.
At this point I telephoned PlusNet and the operator seemed as confused as me, said he would escalate and put a comment to say I had given all the information so please now action. Undecided
Nothing happened the next day. So I called again. Turns out that the home phone people still had done nothing. So the, very helpful, lady on the telephone chased it again.
Finally they put in a request to stop the line and transfer it. Seemed to take on a minute or two once they actually pulled their finger out as I got an update straight away to my ticket. However because I am moving on the 16th, I am now told I need to leave my phone connected to my account until the 21st! So my new buyers cannot connect the phone. Apparently this is because they need seven days notice, and despite giving eight days notice using the web form, because they dont seem to process the web requests I am now left with a severe inconvinence when I move house, some thing I really dont need with all the other stress. Angry
So if you are moving house, I am afraid PlusNet are not quite up there with the other companies you may deal with when moving, and are not really ready to deal with things simply over the internet. My strong advice is to telephone them!
8 REPLIES 8
Mand
Grafter

Re: WARNING - Do not use the online form when moving house

Hi there,
I'd like to apologise for the inconvenience you've had when trying to get this sorted.
I can assure you we do process online house move requests, although I'm looking into why yours wasn't actioned quicker and more efficiently.
Once I've got the answers I need I'll give you an update.
mackT

I had a similar experience, I've been waiting for 14 days now just for the home phone line to be moved to my new property.
I was told that I'd have to pay for my old phone line to be blocked, then I was offered this 'service' for free (shouldn't old numbers be disconnected automatically?) and finally I was told that I couldn't have it for free after all.

My old number at my old property is still active, and two requests for info on the Plus.net complaints procedure were ignored.
£44.99/month for this level of service is a joke.
Mack
Mand
Grafter

Hi,
As discussed your home phone service should now be active, with the broadband to follow.
Apologies for the inconvenience.
doakdom

Quote from: Mand
Hi,
As discussed your home phone service should now be active, with the broadband to follow.
Apologies for the inconvenience.

Well I have now had no telephone for 14 days, and am now told I need to wait until the 3rd of September before I get it. One of my main frustrations is that PlusNet dont communicate anything to tell you there are problems. I have been given a total of three dates when my phone will activate, on each one it has not, and on each one, until I call I dont find out that there is a problem.
The last call to customer services was very annoying as I was told that I should not expect to be updated when there is a problem 'thats why we have a helpline for you to call ' I was told. So when they are having problems connecting your phone it is your responsibility to call them to get an update! Yeah thanks for that PlusNet, way to keep your long standing customers who want to stay with you when they move!
Grrrrrrrrrrr Angry
Mand
Grafter

Hi,
Unfortunately the order was rescheduled by BT, due to availability.
I have taken ownership of the current ticket, and will be checking the order daily until completion. I can assure you I will call you with any updates or changes, and will arrange a suitable refund once the service is reinstated.
Once again, apologies for the delay.
Lampo
Grafter

I moved house in May 2006 and had exactly the same kind of problems.  I completed the move form and nothing happened.
I am not someone who just comes on here to bash +net but it does seem that even after this time they still have not got systems sorted out.
I have been waiting for days to find out the progress of my current order that I have with them -- and no news (in this case no news is bad news)
The remote and distant approach in having a number of different people replying to tickets is really frustrating.
Mark
Grafter

Hi Lampo.
I am sorry that you have had to chase this order. I will have a conversation with the relevant team tomorrow morning and get an update for you.
The remote and distant approach in having a number of different people replying to tickets is really frustrating

I appreciate the point, however the CSC work a 4 on 2 off shift system of earlies and lates and nights and it would be impossible to have an individual take ownership of tickets etc. If they were on their days off or in between shifts the ticket would not get actioned in an appropriate time frame and that would lead to further difficulties.

Lampo
Grafter

Hi Mark
I do appreciate that it is not possible for someone to follow a process from start to completion -- but it would be helpful and courteous to at least keep the customer informed.
Occasionally on tickets I see remarks which are obviously internal comment, at the time when these are posted a quick comment to the customer would also be helpful.
Thanks