cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail

Trevstan
Grafter

Voicemail

Hi all phone switch over went great no hassle at all text message to say it went live phone number was taken over everything great.
My only query I have is I have an answering machine and the free voice mail service is cutting in before it, is there any way to turn off/disable the voicemail?
Or am I going to have to put my answering machine on less rings so it beats it?
7 REPLIES 7
James
Grafter

Re: Voicemail

Hi there,
I've just placed an order to remove voicemail from your line.
It should be done in the next 24 hours.
Trevstan
Grafter

Great stuff  :), and as it was a free service so they won't be any charges for removing it?
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

No, there won't.  Smiley
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Trevstan
Grafter

Quote from: 4C
No, there won't.   Smiley

Good stuff  Cool
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I notice that the help pages say this is off by default:
[quote=http://www.plus.net/support/phone/call_features.shtml#voicemail]Standard Voicemail is included with all our phone packages, but it's not switched on as standard.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Trevstan
Grafter

Can't recall ticking it when ordering as I have my own answering machine  :-\, unless that's a new thing?
Either way I'll just have to be quick to answer my phone (if anyone rings) till the voicemail is removed doubt anyone will ring probs be PPI or some junk that's the reason i screen all my calls with my answer machine as I can't be bothered to deal with them  ;D!
ArthurDent
Grafter

This is interesting. I'm relieved that I am not the only person having been unknowingly in this situation.
Pn's own website states in two places that voicemail (basic) is a freebie, but that it is necessary to activate it. Apparently not so!
Our phone service went over to pn at the end of Feb. Folk have mentioned getting a message stating that our mailbox was full. I couldn't get my head round that, because our answering machine was showing no attempted calls. It took my son (whose little grey cells work far better than my superannuated ones) to deduce that this was related to 1571 - which I have definitely never activated. It now appears that it is 'on' by default, not 'off' as the website states. Either that or some well-meaning member of set-up staff switched it on.
What appears to occur is that if we are out or (at least equally likely!) choosing not to pick up a junk call, then the caller has the ability to leave a message on our own answering machine. If, however, our phone is already in use, then 1571 cuts in with a standard message. These had accumulated up to capacity.
Now that we know about it, and we know how to recognise that a call has been diverted to 1571, we are quite happy to continue  to make use of the facility. But it would hav been good to know what was occurring ...