cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail personal greeting

pluscomm

Voicemail personal greeting

I am disappointed to be told by a PlusNet agent today that Voicemail Extra Is necessary to be able to have a Voicemail personal greeting. I have looked at http://www.plus.net/support/phone/call_features.shtml#voicemail and there is a clear implication that Voicemail alone allows personal greetings.  The first few lines read: "Voicemail and Voicemail Extra (1571)
Whether you're away from home or on another call, Voicemail acts like a built in answerphone to make sure you don't miss a call. With Voicemail you can:
    Save messages for up to 20 days
    Record your own greeting message

Standard Voicemail is included with all our phone packages, but it's not switched on as standard. To start using it, you'll need to go to the Telephone Control Panel and add it.
In addition to the standard Voicemail features, Voicemail Extra allows you to:
    Choose the number of rings before a call is answered
    Check your messages from any phone (PIN Protected)
    Link to your mobile and get SMS alerts††when new messages are left
    Save messages for up to 30 days
    Identify up to 3 callers who have hung up without leaving a message (as long they have not withheld their number)
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Voicemail personal greeting

Hi there,
Standard voicemail does allow personal greetings.
Please make sure you follow these very instructions and shout up if there's a problem so I can help out.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pluscomm

Thanks, Adam.  I've seen those instructions before but when I dial 1571 I don't get a Main Menu.  Today, when I have no messages, 1571 just tells me that I have no messages and, "Goodbye".  If I press 2 when I have dialled 1571, I just get "Goodbye".
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi pluscomm,
Thank you for your reply.
Has your handset got its own voice mail built in? If it does this could be over riding the 1571.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

????
If a customer has their own answering machine then 1571 may well not have any messages but it won't prevent access to the 1571 menu system!
Which BT Wholesale 1571 product do PN supply as there are many variants, including the original basic one that doesn't allow the setting of a personal greeting...